Transformers - Page 2

--

July 16th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Okie Dokie!
I'll spell it out....what EXACTLY did you consider was "US bashing" in that film.

I'm curious, or did you just spout a statement and got caught out when people disagreed?
July 16th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0
I'll spell it out....what EXACTLY did you consider was "US bashing" in that film.

I'm curious, or did you just spout a statement and got caught out when people disagreed?
Why do you care?
July 16th, 2007  
WNxRogue

The movie was actually entirely better then I thought it was going to be. The fight scenes were well set up, the CG was amazing, my only issue was that the plot was a bit weak. All in all, a good movie if you are going for the action, which I was.

On a side note, I didnt see anything bashing the American Military, in most scenes it is shown in the best possible light, under intense circumstances.
--
July 16th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Why do you care?
We're trying to see where you're coming from...No one else thinks it bashed America...So we're trying to see what is...
July 16th, 2007  
A Can of Man

Phoenix, you need to lighten up man.
There's a lot of Americans who are about as far as America hating as you can get who don't see America bashing where you claim to see it.
July 16th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Phoenix, you need to lighten up man.
There's a lot of Americans who are about as far as America hating as you can get who don't see America bashing where you claim to see it.
true. and sorry for being late to reply. had some classes today...

Well, it is Hollywood. And the fact that at the end of the movie it shows really nasty people representing the US government blackmailing people, and that it is into simple conspiracy theories like US hiding secrets for 5 decades or so, and no one knows about it makes one wonders why they had to put these lines in the movie. ????!!!!

Stuff like that... may be it s not really anti-america at all, you could be right. But these days any thing like this prompts me to feel that way.
July 17th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
true. and sorry for being late to reply. had some classes today...

Well, it is Hollywood. And the fact that at the end of the movie it shows really nasty people representing the US government blackmailing people, and that it is into simple conspiracy theories like US hiding secrets for 5 decades or so, and no one knows about it makes one wonders why they had to put these lines in the movie. ????!!!!

Stuff like that... may be it s not really anti-america at all, you could be right. But these days any thing like this prompts me to feel that way.

every govt in the world has secrets dude, in the US's case the most obvious would be the skunkworks, and various "black" operations and units.

and when history has area 51 and the roswell crash....then the back story for transformers becomes quite believable. the public, at the end of the day, is quite able to believe that the US govt has the means and desire to keep huge secrets....because they have in the past.

in fact many many movies dealing with alien life coming to earth involve the govt/military attempting to cover it up (for good or bad reasons).

from war of the worlds, to MiB, to transformers.

It DOESN'T mean they're bashing america....my suggestion? start watching movies for enjoyment, rather than hunting for treason
July 17th, 2007  
phoenix80

Yep. you're right. I'll do my best not to watch Hollywood movies any more. It's waste of money and time.. Instead I'll watch movies made by non-professional movie makers on beautiful stuff and ordinary matters.
July 17th, 2007  
major liability

If everyone had such blind faith as you, Pheonix80, there'd be no need for democracy.
July 17th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Hey Pheonix80, you know where I stand for the Good Old USA but come on man. Sure, Hollywood has it's head up it's collective ass but still. See a movie to entertain you. Yeah, stuff like Michael Moore's Sicko is something that I will boycott and not spend a single penny on but Transformers was a good movie to watch.

I look at it this way, idiots will bash the USA if I watch a movie or not. I'd rather watch a movie and enjoy, and if it turned out to be a piece of crap I will tell people why it was a piece of crap. There was not any bashing of the USA in Transformers. It's all plot. The Big Government Secret, Building the Damn to hide Megatron, etc.... It's all plot. It was like that in the cartoon and the comics back in the 1980s.

My favorite comic and show is G.I. Joe. The entire unit in the show and comics are a military secret. Not even most of the military in the G.I. Joe universe know about G.I. Joe. They're a top secret unit and guess what, if you ever read the G.I. Joe comics you will see nothing but 110% support for the good old USA.