transfering out of navy into marines

dietz

i am a 23 (24 in oct) year old male in good shape i joined the navy about 6 months ago to become a seal i failed out not dropped and was wondering is there any way to go from navy to marines i cant handle the ship life i joined to go to combat and war not to sit on a ship unfortunatly no one in navy wants to help and i figure there has got to be a way i want to go to afgan or iraq and serve my country i tried to ask about IA they said i couldnt go i tried to get my order switched to riverines they wouldnt let me like the navy really wants to keep me as undes which i dont blame them im basicly the boats b@$&! anyway i was wondering if there is like a packet i can drop or something to were i can join marines so i dont have to wait 4 years and be almost 28 joining marines ya know id like to do it while im still fairly young and this way m not waisting my time just waiting nor am i waisting the navy's time
any help would be greatly appreciated im pretty desperate seeing as i made a terrible choice for my personality in branches
im hoping someone out there has some knowledge on how to switch cause so far its not looking good
thank you all and sorry for writting a novel

Welcome, as for the German Forces you may at any time request a transfer- this is your right, but if it will be accepted is the question. For Germany the transfer to combat units isn't that hard because most soldiers would prefer a save job ;). Especially units with high casualty rates like the KSK (commando special forces) are searching for soldiers all the time, but they have to pass the testings and that rarely is the case (KSK has had insufficient soldiers since it was created).
I would think that in the US every soldier also has the right to request a transfer into another branch. In any case we would first speak to our assigned personnel consultant... he would tell us if it is possible / what is possible and what posts are available and what I'd have to do to make it happen...

Back