Train shock

SHERMAN

Today my habbits from the military raaised their ugly head.

Comming back from work on a train from tel-aviv, I was really tired.
I sat infront of a cute IAF female soldier, with no leg room because she had her huge duffle bag(standart issue) between us.
Someone who is used to sleeping in a tank and has nothing better to do, when tired and sitting down, will fall asleep. And I did.

I was very aware of the risk of missing my stop and ending about 100 kilometers away from home. But I was not worried, because because my body has two natural alarm clocks. One, I wake up by my self when I have somthing to do(I will admit sometimes my "clock" misses by half an houre). Two, when Im sleeping in a vehicle and it stops, I wake up.

So, I knew I will wake up at every stop. I fell sleep and woke at every stop. each time I saw sure Im at my stop untill I looked at the signs.
Than I woke up, and through the clouds of semi-sleep, saw that Im at my station. Panicking at the thought of me not getting off the train before the doors closed, my soldier habbits took command. I jumped straight up, grabbed the standart issue duffle bag and dashed to the doors. I was really confused at this girl trying to hold "my" bag down...She had a terrified look on her face(I wa in plain clothes with my 9mm holstered but visiable). I wass about to tell her to get the f**k away from my bag when I REALLY woke up. Apologized quickly, took my civilian very non standart issue and much smaller backpack from where i placed it, and dashed out of the train:):):) Good thing she dident have her rifle unslung infront of her(which i probably would have thought to be mine as well), or someone might have thought me for a terrorist trying to disarm a soldier(shoot to kill by IDF ROEs)...

Nice one, for some reason trains and squaddies always seem to generate some good stories.

I had 1 travelling back to RMAS on a Sunday night, the train decidd to terminate short of my stop, so we all piled out (me just having woken from a nice kip). On the platform, not yet fully awake, the train pulled out, so I leapt back on and settled back to sleep. 2 hours later I ended up breaking out of a railyard with a bulky suitcase, a ripped suit and a gashed face. 30 miles from RMAS - try getting a taxi in that state - not my most shining moment. I got back in time for morning parade, short on sleep and got thoroughly beaseted for the rest of the week. The moral of the story - never sleep on a British train - ever.

Back