Tragedy...

hawky94

The Brit Pack (probationer)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

27 people have been murdered at an American Elementary school.

18 of the victims are children. Three more are said to be in a serious condition.

The gunman, who has yet to be named committed suicide at the scene.

Also, there has been a knife attack at a Chinese Elementary school - 22 wounded, one man arrested.

Today is a sad day... :(

RIP to those who've tragically lost their lives.

Another mass shooting in the US. Perhaps some questions should be asked...

RIP to those who've tragically lost their lives.

Another mass shooting in the US. Perhaps some questions should be asked...

I don't understand the mentality, to be honest. I mean, how many more people are going to have to lose their lives before those questions are asked.

Time to re-write, or at least make significant changes to the Second Amendment if you ask me...

Thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who have lost their lives.

I don't understand the mentality, to be honest. I mean, how many more people are going to have to lose their lives before those questions are asked.

Time to re-write, or at least make significant changes to the Second Amendment if you ask me...

Thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who have lost their lives.
hawky.............. no need to rewrite any amendments........ there is another answer... it is called EVIL. Look at the scary movies now days... they are not scary movies, they are DEMONIC in nature, the same with many video games the kids play now.......... do you not think satan is loving this crap? Think again, he is alive and well, and business is good as is the harvest. The answer is right in front of your nose if you wish to see it...... if not this type of thing will get worse and worse.

hawky.............. no need to rewrite any amendments........ there is another answer... it is called EVIL. Look at the scary movies now days... they are not scary movies, they are DEMONIC in nature, the same with many video games the kids play now.......... do you not think satan is loving this crap? Think again, he is alive and well, and business is good as is the harvest. The answer is right in front of your nose if you wish to see it...... if not this type of thing will get worse and worse.

So why don't we have these mass shootings in the UK then? Or in other European countries? They all play the same video games and watch the same movies?

I agree that this man and those who commit such heinous crimes are evil, but, I do think that this man and those who've also committed massacres involving firearms would not have the means to do so if their access to firearms was more restricted.

There should be psychological testing completed well in advance to someone ever applying for firearms ownership. Perhaps they have to complete further tests once a year (both psychological and otherwise) to prove that they are still fit to own a firearm.

If, during the time they are licensed with that firearm, ANY offence is committed - the license is immediately suspended pending police investigation. If that police investigation proves that the offence is serious enough - the license is further suspended for a period of however many (let's say 1-2) years, providing that the offender does not go to jail.

If the offender does go to jail - then the license is permanently taken away with no chance of re-establishment for as long as the person lives.

Too many people, who are, unfortunately living in a society of fear created by those in power, have access to a vast amount of weaponry. Such tragedies as the one that took place today - and those of the past, will continue to happen so long as you have people who are psychologically unstable, with access to all types of weaponry.

It is time for the United States to vastly change its gun laws.

The thing is though Hawky, no matter what measures you put in place, you'll never stop the wrong people getting hold of firearms.

If you're determined enough to get hold of a firearm then you eventually will. It's as simple as that.

Quite why yanks are allowed to legally possess assault rifles is beyond me.

The thing is though Hawky, no matter what measures you put in place, you'll never stop the wrong people getting hold of firearms.

If you're determined enough to get hold of a firearm then you eventually will. It's as simple as that.

Quite why yanks are allowed to legally possess assault rifles is beyond me.

I agree with you completely on the two above comments. But better prevention methods need to be implemented. Total gun control is impossible - as you've mentioned.

Don't blame the guns, blame the criminals that use them to commit these heinous acts.

My thoughts and prayers are with all affected by this tragedy.

Just heard about this on the news....
What a great tragedy for everyone involved, and it also brings back memories to the tragedy at July 22nd here i Oslo last year.

RIP. :-(

and please try to stay on topic here, open a new thread if you want to continue discussing other things not directly related to this tragedy.
Thanks

some of you talk about restricting these weapons....... personally I do not see a reason for someone to own an assult type weapon.. the .223 is a good varmint cartridge and there are many weapons that will chamber that round.. but that said this possessed, yes, possessed person went to his mothers house, took it, killed his mother with it and THEN went to the school........ HE didn't purchase the weapon.
All that said..... I got my first weapon on my ninth birthday, been a shooter ever since..... had VERY strict military type instruction with how to handle it. That is problem 1 that can be fixed...... require a safety course before you can own. But that will not solve the problem... the weapon doesn't kill the innocent, the person does. Now we are back to the evil side of the equation... demonic films, super graphic video games has numbed us to reality, lack of decent parenting..... yes, I blame lack of parenting... there is no discipline anymore for wrongs committed... killers spend decades in prison before they are executed - so what is to be afraid of?

Back to satan -- have you noticed that after these types of happenings, once the *evil* is done, satan collects his due....... the shooter himself.

I don't think satan has anything to do with it.
I totally respect your right to think as you wish but please bare with me for a few.

I walked in the mountains for 35 years with the Forest Service......... not the Grizzly Adams open Ponderosa stands.... the mountains of N. Idaho and western Washington. I retired in 2006 and began to loose my ability to walk in 2007. I am no longer able to use my legs and am in a nursing home. When all this started I believe God was giving me two choices... 1) - be mad at Him or 2) - to read His book and learn something about He and His Son. I chose #2 and found out how VERY wrong I had been.......... although you believe differently on this matter do know satan is very much involved in this stuff. But enough of my soapbox...... I only suggest you read also and you too may end up a different person - like me.

I think taking the responsiblity of this atrocious act out of this mans hands and putting in the hands of a deity is absolutely irresponsible and takes away what needs to be focused on with this heinous act. It becomes much easier to simply throw our hands up and say "well, the devil made me do it" than it is to ask the much harder question of how something like this can happen. The hard questions need to be asked to deal with this growing trend, taking responsiblity out of mans hands means man won't have a solution for it.

I think taking the responsiblity of this atrocious act out of this mans hands and putting in the hands of a deity is absolutely irresponsible and takes away what needs to be focused on with this heinous act. It becomes much easier to simply throw our hands up and say "well, the devil made me do it" than it is to ask the much harder question of how something like this can happen. The hard questions need to be asked to deal with this growing trend, taking responsiblity out of mans hands means man won't have a solution for it.
I am not saying *give up responsibility* ... that is the problem nowadays it seems... no one takes responsibility anymore... maybe if violent criminals knew that they hang at high noon the following Saturday after being convicted, maybe then they would think twice about doing heinous acts. There is no fear of reprisal anymore........ we learned as kids if we broke a window on purpose and *dad* found out we'd get our azz beat and taken over to work off the debt to the owner of said window.......... we LEARNED right from wrong - a trait not taught much anymore.

But that will not solve the problem... the weapon doesn't kill the innocent, the person does. Now we are back to the evil side of the equation... demonic films, super graphic video games has numbed us to reality, lack of decent parenting..... yes, I blame lack of parenting... there is no discipline anymore for wrongs committed... killers spend decades in prison before they are executed - so what is to be afraid of?

I'll ask again. If you're saying it's the person, then why don't these incidents happen in the UK or in other countries as frequently then?

I'll say this again. We have access to the same films and video games here in the UK as you do in the US. We have poor parenting also. Why don't we have shootings? Is it because of our strict firearms laws....?

You also mentioned that this latest killer took his mothers weapon from her house. Surely if the possession of a firearm was much stricter, this guy might never have got his hands on one?

Back