Tragedy...

It's more about attitudes than armaments.

Yep there will be a massive outcry and much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth,............. then it will all go the same way as on every previous occasion, and precisely nothing will be done.

'Tis easier to sacrifice a few children every now and then, than to risk upsetting the NRA and losing campaign contributions.

Surely if the possession of a firearm was much stricter, this guy might never have got his hands on one?

Bulls**t. If someone wants something bad enough, they will find a way to get it. But hey! Let's go ahead and outlaw guns and line the pockets of illegal arms dealers even more. They have to make a living, too, right? *eye roll* Blaming inanimate objects because someone used them to commit an atrocious act is ridiculous.

And now, as Redleg asked that this thread be devoted solely to condolences I will say again that my thoughts and prayers are with all who were affected by this terrible tragedy. My heart breaks for these families who will be burying their precious babies and loved ones instead of celebrating the holidays with them as they should be.

I think taking the responsiblity of this atrocious act out of this mans hands and putting in the hands of a deity is absolutely irresponsible and takes away what needs to be focused on with this heinous act. It becomes much easier to simply throw our hands up and say "well, the devil made me do it" than it is to ask the much harder question of how something like this can happen. The hard questions need to be asked to deal with this growing trend, taking responsiblity out of mans hands means man won't have a solution for it.
I just read something that I felt compelled to share with you...

"In the face of all that I see as wrong with the world I have two options.

One option is to see all these problems as fatal. The world is doomed to be forever unjust and tragic, so I should simply do my best to get the most I can for myself out of the situation.

The other option is to see all creation as the recipient of the overwhelming power of God's compassion and transforming love. When I look at the world this way, I believe that every struggle for peace and justice, however small, ultimately has an effect, and whatever energy I spend to relieve suffering is worth the effort.

Christian faith calls me to choose the second option -- to live my life in this world with hope.

Not wishful thinking. Not pie in the sky,... a flesh and blood hope that never fades because ""the word became flesh and dwelled among us.""

May they rest in peace..:(,i hope that the kids that survived can live with this .

Don't you think it is alittle bit to early for your politcial bs?
Please,its inappropiate.Not on a thread like this.

Just heard about this on the news....
What a great tragedy for everyone involved, and it also brings back memories to the tragedy at July 22nd here i Oslo last year.

RIP. :-(

and please try to stay on topic here, open a new thread if you want to continue discussing other things not directly related to this tragedy.
Thanks

Thanks.

Now all please stay on topic in this thread from now on...
I guess I'm confused, I thought the subject was "The Tragedy & related things" Gun control or lack there of would seem to be on subject, not just condolences.

I guess I'm confused, I thought the subject was "The Tragedy & related things" Gun control or lack there of would seem to be on subject, not just condolences.

That was my thinking hence why I had originally started discussing it here....

But hey, who am I to argue with the powers that be! :peace:

37073_449559685106433_1459580921_n_zps31f2f877.jpg

I just got back to Singapore after spending the weekend in Vladivostok- did a medivac there.

I am devastated to hear and read of the news- at a time when it is the holidays, too. I am also touched byt he heroism displayed by the teachers in protecting their charges...

While I abhor the use of firearms, this is something that the Americans have to decide for themselves, for you are talking about a free democratic nation- people have rights and so on...

I wish the community will do something for the folks involved...

Back