Traded that shitty Norinco Shotgun...

--

October 5th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Topic: Traded that shitty Norinco Shotgun... (Pics Added)

Well, I went there a day early.....

The store is okay... Large selection of used firearms. Prices are a little high.

On his consignment counter. There were three old production (over 20 years old) Ruger Single Six Revolvers chambered in .22LR. Also there were a couple of CZ-82 in 9x18mm Makarov.

All of the CZ-82s were beat to ****. Also they all had price tags saying $299. I've wanted one but I didn't go for it.

I looked at the Ruger Single Six Revolvers. Two were much older, but had holster wear and also the timing wasn't that great. But the last one I looked at was in great shape. Had all of the original blueing, nice pair of pearl grips, timing was great, action was tight, and it ran like a swiss clock. Best of all, it was not converted. Still was the older system, pre-transfer bar safety design and also did not have the warning label crap.

It was prices at $325. I looked it up in my 2007 Gun Values Book. All Ruger Single Six Revolvers are worth over $400 new or used. So I went with it.

Pictures coming soon...

PS - I went into by backyard with some old .22CB rounds and popped off a couple of rounds. Works like a charm. Accurate and fun to fan fire.
October 6th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

I researched the revolver. It was made in 1970. So it's pretty damn good for a 37 year old .22LR revolver. It was not converted by it's previous owner to the Ruger Transfer Bar Safety system. So that makes it a collectible...
October 6th, 2007  
03USMC

Well ya know what Patton said about who would carry a pearl handled revolver

Otherwise nice gat.
--
October 6th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Well ya know what Patton said about who would carry a pearl handled revolver

Otherwise nice gat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Patton
Don't copy me you cheap bastard... if you do I'll eat your flesh from your bones while you're still alive you little rat bastard.
He said something like that right?
October 6th, 2007  
03USMC

I believe it was more like.

Only piano player in a cheap New Orleans cat-house would have a pearl handled pistol. Mine are Ivory.
October 7th, 2007  
A Can of Man

Ouch
Nice trade.