Traded the mossberg and got this...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
new_toy.jpg

Romanian WSAR-2 in 5.45X39mm

Now my Colt M4 Carbine has it's evil Eastern Commie Bloc rival.

I'm going to ditch that scope and mount and get a picitnny rail mount receiver cover and put a Tasco TS Red Dot 1x32 Sight on it.

Also I'm going to get a picitnny hand guard for it and attach a forward grip and Streamlight M3 that I have lying around the house.

No, I didn't order the parts. I buddy came over my place and had his AK in his truck. I was showing him the shotgun and he told me that he was selling his AK and wanted to get a shotgun for home defense. Sooooo.... I offered a trade and he excepted. So we're both happy.

He's got a shotgun for his house and I have an "Evil Commie" Rifle for my collection. Also nice to have a weapon system that works off the ammunition and caliber of my hated enemies. Communist, so if they ever invade the USA I can take their lives and ammunition and magazines.

Damn but that bug is contagious. So when shopping around for my new 5.45x39 buddy, is one of Romanian manufacture the best way to go? I notice about a $200 price difference between them and their Russian counterparts. What's my best price/version scenario?

There's a gunshow next weekend so I may be shopping for one then. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience when it comes to this specific weapon.

I view AKs in a different light than other firearms. They're AKs, I don't see them as a $1000.00 rifle. But some folks will buy a Arsenal AK instead of a Romanian. To me an AK is a AK.

The fit and finish isn't as pretty as a Saiga or Arsenal but once again it's a damn AK.

I'm happy with mine and I love it. I plan to take to the range this sunday (09-24-2006). Range report coming soon. Also gotta hit the gun show this sunday too. Gotta pick up more magazines and see if I can find a drum magazine for it.

:cowb:

Last edited:
My little brother is getting his class III license and is going to be shopping for an "evil commie" full auto type as well. That's a nice trade Luis.

Romanian WSAR-2 Range Report: September 24, 2006

Well, I have returned from the range with my new rifle. It's a fine piece of former evil commie work. It's not a AR-15 or Mauser K98k by any means. It's design is for one thing and one thing only. Hitting the target you aim at and putting it down.

It shot great. little to no recoil. The 5.45x39mm round is like shooting a .22 Long Rifle. Accurate and well balanced. My only deal with it is the reloading and safety. Both are done but it's not a AR-15. You just can't treat it like a AR-15. But It is still a fine rifle. I'm very happy with it. With the current scope it has on now it is simple to hit the target at 100 yards. But I don't have these type of rifles set up for long distant work. I have them set up for being mean and close.

The three magazine work without a hick-up. No jams, stove-pipes, or any other problems. Every round was feed and fired. Shooting this puppy is a dream. I have finally found my M4 Carbine's rival. I guess both guns are going to have to learn to get along.

Back