Track

C/2nd Lt Robot

Well track started up not to long ago and the City County meet is tomorrow from 10:00-20:00. Just wondering what others run/ran for track. Im running the 1600 and 800.

Track was my sport when I was in high school, though I played football and baseball as well. It was in track though that I was a star. Got several trophies etc. I ran pretty much any race there was, but I was always best as a distance man. Nearly 40 years now since leaving high school and I'm still running - usually 8 miles and at least four times a week if not more.

So you're running 1600m as well as 800m? Another distance man.

Not doing any other events? I always liked the relay races and hurdles.

I was doing the 400m but after my first meet I nearly died. It takes a lot to sprint those 400m. I ran the 400m in 1:06. I would be on a men’s relay team but I’m half (literally) of our men’s track team. And we don't have any hurdles or anything for any field events. But that's not too surprising seeing this is our school's first year of operation.

Update: Got back from the meet. I got last in both races but I have three more years to improve. Am I ashamed for getting last place in both races? Not at all, I ran them and never gave up. Plus it's only high school track and not the end of my life. I believe I beat my previous best mile of 6:30. I won't know till Monday seeing our times are unofficial this year.
"There's nothing wrong with looking at the back of a good runner."

Hmm. That's wierd, in my school the season started before spring break which I am currently on. By the way, I decided to not run track this year and to prepare for next year's golf season.

Back