The toy shark and store security




 
--
The toy shark and store security
 
March 26th, 2009  
BritinBritain
 
 

Topic: The toy shark and store security


The toy shark and store security
When the movie Jaws made its debut in UK the wife and I were shopping at a department store in London, which turned out to be the last time she wanted to drag me around the shops.

Wandering around totally and completely bored out of my mind, we came across the toy department where I saw foot long rubber toy Jaws sharks for sale. I grabbed one, stuck it on the end of my nose and shouted “GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF.!”

The store security rapidly arrived on the scene, took the toy rubber shark away from me and requested in no uncertain term that I was to leave the store immediately. The wife was most embarrassed and very red faced as we were escorted out.

My wife has never asked me to go shopping with her since, and to this day she has never forgiven me for that stunt.

Well, I thought it was funny.
March 26th, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma
 
 
You mean there wasn't a hardware department anywhere around that you could have quietly enjoyed while she was shopping???!!!

When my hubby drags me somewhere I don't really appreciate, I try to find jewelry, shoes, or gardening...
March 26th, 2009  
BritinBritain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Shorts_Momma
You mean there wasn't a hardware department anywhere around that you could have quietly enjoyed while she was shopping???!!!

When my hubby drags me somewhere I don't really appreciate, I try to find jewelry, shoes, or gardening...
Hardware departments mean things like lawmowers and paint brushes. I'd rather not put idea's into her mind.
--
The toy shark and store security
March 26th, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Hardware departments mean things like lawmowers and paint brushes. I'd rather not put idea's into her mind.
Was thinking more like hand tools... the tool department at Sears, etc.
March 26th, 2009  
BritinBritain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Shorts_Momma
Was thinking more like hand tools... the tool department at Sears, etc.
Hand tools would mean building garden furniture, a new dog kennel or a million and one things wives like to come up with.
March 26th, 2009  
AB_Shorts_Momma
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Hand tools would mean building garden furniture, a new dog kennel or a million and one things wives like to come up with.
Where's that optimistic attitude?
March 26th, 2009  
BritinBritain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Shorts_Momma
Where's that optimistic attitude?
A pint or three down the pub is highly optimistic and a lot more fun lol
March 26th, 2009  
Navygirldarlene
 
 
lol I'm sure it is
March 27th, 2009  
tomtom22
 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
A pint or three down the pub is highly optimistic and a lot more fun lol
Yeah, that's the right attitude!
March 27th, 2009  
Sevens
 
 
You must be a joy to live with, Britin.