On Tour, Kerry Talks To Troops, Local Leaders

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Boston Globe
December 17, 2006
By Associated Press
BAGHDAD -- Senator John Kerry said that meeting with US and British troops in Iraq yesterday helped clear his thoughts about what needs to be done to stabilize the country, and that he looked forward to hearing ideas from Iraqis.
Kerry, the Democratic nominee for president in 2004 and possibly a future contender, conferred with US and British officers in the southern city of Basra and with American troops in Diyala Province during a nine-day Middle East tour.
"Today was very informative and very helpful in crystallizing some of my thoughts insofar as what we can negotiate . . . and what needs to be accomplished," Kerry said by telephone. "I certainly learned more about what the troops can or can't achieve."
At Camp Warhorse in Diyala, northeast of Baghdad, Kerry said he met local Iraqi officials responsible for one of the most sectarian-charged areas of the country.
Kerry declined to elaborate on how the visit affected his views on Iraq, because his meetings were to continue today. He was scheduled to meet with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki for a firsthand assessment on "what's possible in the political dynamics."
Kerry arrived in Iraq after visits to Egypt and Jordan. He also plans to visit Syria for talks with President Bashar Assad and travel to Lebanon, Israel, and the West Bank.
Syria has influence with Iraqi Sunnis, and some leaders of the Sunni-led insurgency are believed to be living there. Kerry has criticized the Bush administration for refusing to engage with Syria and Iran, as was recommended by the bipartisan Iraq Study Group.

This :cen: can go to hell. He should be there apologising and at the very least do a few days on convoy guard duty. Politicians make me wanna vomit.

It's guys like that who decide to thumb their collective nose at the administration and the foreign policy if the US by unilaterally conducting their own "negotiations" with the likes of Syria. Last time I checked, Senators do not dictate foreign policy or negotiate on behalf of America in our form of government.
[sarcasm]Oh I'm sure all this is sending just the right message to those who are killing our soldiers every day. I'd bet they're giving up hope as we speak. They can sense the determination and dedication to victory in every word that comes out of Kerry's mouth. He's a true hero.[/sarcasm]

I presume Mr Kerry's visit to Iraq took place in between his R & R sails on yachts in the Mediterranean?

I think there would only have been remodelling going on if Ted Kennedy's yacht had passed by and some of Ted's models, I mean crew, jumped into the Kerry boat.

One thing is for sure, Kerry is one of the best guys the Insurgents have on their side so he's probably the only American in Iraq that needn't fear for their safety. Hell he's among friends.

It's guys like that who decide to thumb their collective nose at the administration and the foreign policy if the US by unilaterally conducting their own "negotiations" with the likes of Syria. Last time I checked, Senators do not dictate foreign policy or negotiate on behalf of America in our form of government.
[sarcasm]Oh I'm sure all this is sending just the right message to those who are killing our soldiers every day. I'd bet they're giving up hope as we speak. They can sense the determination and dedication to victory in every word that comes out of Kerry's mouth. He's a true hero.[/sarcasm]

Top, do you think H. Jane is too old to make a couple of trips with the Congressmen and have her picture taken while sitting on an IED?

A perfect couple, top it off with Jimmy Carter and Jesse Jackson while Michael Jackson sings about how its all the Jews fault.

Back