Tour de France followers?

--

July 20th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Tour de France followers?

Is anyone else following the TDF this year? I know Lance (the King) is gone bust Landis is making one hell of an attack today when he lost 8 minutes off the lead yesterday.
July 21st, 2006  
Rabs

Yeh, ive been flipping through every once in a while kinda secretly rooting for Landis. Its one of those things i watch when it re-runs at like 2 in the morning.
July 21st, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Im not real big on it but my uncle is getting into it and is planning a bike trip from Pittsburgh,PA to D.C.

I wished him good luck.
--
July 27th, 2006  
rotc boy

i havent been watching it this year...havent seen it wen flipping through the tube...

however, i am a big cyclist, i recently joined a cycling club and go riding once a week and we usually do a 30 mile ride (start at like, 6 am sat mornings, because it gets very hot in the texas sun during the day)
i dont have a road bike though, but ive got the next best thing...its a 1987 mongoose bike, my dad gave it to me, when he bought it, he paid $600 for it. Very lightweight for a mountain bike, and I bought tires that have no treads on it and that helps bring up the speed a little bit...the fastest ive been able to do on it (not going down hill) is 38 MPH (according to my speedometer)
July 28th, 2006  
Rabs

He had higher than normal testerone levels but i like stephen colberts explanation the best.

"Thats simply because Americans have huge testicles"
July 28th, 2006  
The Cooler King

HaHa I saw that one tonight Rabs. But nothing can be funnier than...

"I enjoy cocaine because it's a fun thing to do." Rep. Robert Wexler
July 28th, 2006  
bulldogg

I think we're going to find out that Landis has three testicles thus explaining the higher levels of testosterone... which would be somewhat poetic given Lance's history. A testicular tumor can cause you to have heightened levels of said hormone.
July 28th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

^^^ Sounds better than having to lose the title...
August 5th, 2006  
mmarsh

Sadly, Landis is finished. Sample B tested positive today as well. Thats 3 times over the limit, which means its simply impossible it was a natural occurence as he claimed. He has already been fired from his team faces a two year ban, a $450,000 fine, not to mention being stripped of his Tour de France win.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/05/sp...rtner=homepage
August 6th, 2006  
istealfreefood

From his defence lawyers view, testosterone isnt something like adrenaline. a testosterone drug would be something that would last along time, while adrenaline is something that will last for a short time, like a bike race. testosterone lasts alot longer than he would have needed.

however, while the body will produce mass amounts of adrenaline at once when it needs to, i dont think that happens with testosterone.