Tour de France followers?

Duty Honor Country

Is anyone else following the TDF this year? I know Lance (the King) is gone bust Landis is making one hell of an attack today when he lost 8 minutes off the lead yesterday.

Yeh, ive been flipping through every once in a while kinda secretly rooting for Landis. Its one of those things i watch when it re-runs at like 2 in the morning.

Im not real big on it but my uncle is getting into it and is planning a bike trip from Pittsburgh,PA to D.C.

I wished him good luck.

i havent been watching it this year...havent seen it wen flipping through the tube...

however, i am a big cyclist, i recently joined a cycling club and go riding once a week and we usually do a 30 mile ride (start at like, 6 am sat mornings, because it gets very hot in the texas sun during the day)
i dont have a road bike though, but ive got the next best thing...its a 1987 mongoose bike, my dad gave it to me, when he bought it, he paid $600 for it. Very lightweight for a mountain bike, and I bought tires that have no treads on it and that helps bring up the speed a little bit...the fastest ive been able to do on it (not going down hill) is 38 MPH (according to my speedometer)

He had higher than normal testerone levels but i like stephen colberts explanation the best.

"Thats simply because Americans have huge testicles"

HaHa I saw that one tonight Rabs. But nothing can be funnier than...

"I enjoy cocaine because it's a fun thing to do." Rep. Robert Wexler

I think we're going to find out that Landis has three testicles thus explaining the higher levels of testosterone... which would be somewhat poetic given Lance's history. A testicular tumor can cause you to have heightened levels of said hormone.

From his defence lawyers view, testosterone isnt something like adrenaline. a testosterone drug would be something that would last along time, while adrenaline is something that will last for a short time, like a bike race. testosterone lasts alot longer than he would have needed.

however, while the body will produce mass amounts of adrenaline at once when it needs to, i dont think that happens with testosterone.

So, who came in second?...I must say though, to say one won the Tour de France by disqualification of the first place winner sounds a lot worse...Hahaha...

~sigh

I really wanted to believe what Landis had done during the TDF was true. I can still remember my excitement and enthusiasm as I watched stage 17 live on OLN. From what I know now, I am about 80% sure he dopped with 20% holding out for some medical explaination.

TDF insiders still say that 8-10% of the field was dopping. TDF rules test a few random riders, the stage winners and the top 3 overall riders (I beleive).

The Tour has taken a serious hit with Landis and the pre race dopping scandle. Race rules need to be ammended to include an iron fist. Every rider needs to be tested before and during the race. Those guilty of dopping should at least be banned for more than 2 years if not receive a lifetime ban from racing. Somehow I do not see that happening

Oh hell.. Let'em all juice up and we can have the Bionic Man win the race. That would be great advertising for Drug Manufacturers....

Being Sarcastic here.

Its a really sad situation. I am going to start just following little league and pee wee football so I can be sure the athletes involved are human beings and not cyberneticly enhanced sports machines fueled by equine testosterone and epinephrine.

Oh hell.. Let'em all juice up and we can have the Bionic Man win the race. That would be great advertising for Drug Manufacturers....

Maybe if the tour de france was done with motorcycles instead of bicycles.

Back