Totalitarian Leaders

Who do you think is the most evil totalitarian leader?

• Edi Amin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ceausescu

• Pinochet

• Fidel Castro

• Slobadon Milosovic

• Kim Jong Ill

• Saddam Hussein

• Joseph Stalin

• Total voters
Pinochet wasn't too bad. I know a whole passle of Chileans (maybe 20-30) and not a single one of them doesn't like Pinochet (and it's not like I met them all in one place or they even knew each other).

And Pol Pot wasn't really a totalitarian leader, he was more the commander of a rogue geurrila army.

Sorry, But Hitler has his own catagory....Way ahead...

Why does he have his own catagory? Some of these guys tacked up death tolls 10 times as high as Hitler. What criteria are we looking at here for categories?

I don't have the numbers on hand to back this up, but I can say without a shred of uncertainty that Stalin has the highest death toll.

Stalin's toll is around (edit, typo - not 40 million, 20 million)

Mao Zedong's toll was a little over 48 million.

I voted Stalin. I considered Hitler but what made him evil for the most part was killing 3 million Jews. Stalin is more evil because he killed millions of his own people for no reason whatsoever for the large majority.

Thanks for the correction RnderSafe, guess there's more than a shred of doubt now, right, Sir? :lol:
I really am sadly uninformed on Chinese history, especially considering that they and one of their neihbours are likely going to be very important to me personally in the future.

3 million Jews and 6 million people in the holocaust if I remember. the other 3 mil would have included political dissidents, POWs, gypsies, homosexuals, etc.

other 3 mil would have included political dissidents, POWs, gypsies, homosexuals, etc.

The majority of the other were actually Polish Christians and Catholics.

Historians, scholars, and the like (ie people with far more brains than I) can't seem to agree on the total number of Jewish and non-Jewish deaths during the Holocaust .. averages usually range between 9 and 11 million in total.

Redneck, if you're interested and haven't already, read "On Guerrilla Warfare" by Mao, or really, anything written by him. Sun-Tzu, as well, specifically "The Art Of War."

The only reason people think Hitler was the worst is because he started WW2. Stalin killed way more people for power.

RnderSafe said:
Redneck, if you're interested and haven't already, read "On Guerrilla Warfare" by Mao, or really, anything written by him. Sun-Tzu, as well, specifically "The Art Of War."

Thank you for the tip Sir, I've read The Art of War, but it was about 5 years ago (a long time for me :lol: ), I should probably check it out again.

Acctually

Notes:
1-More then 6 million Jews died in the holocaust. Another few million Russian, Polish, Jypsis and poltical rivals to the Nazis.
2-I see Hitler as the most evil for a few reasons-
A-Only Hitler systamticly tried to destroy a whole race, presuing the Jews outside and inside Germany.
B-He is responsible to WWII.
C-His Idiology is by far the worse.

Yeah sherman I see your point. People will weight it different ways, but I just think killing your own people for power to oppress them is the worst form of backstabbing and should be more evil than someone who attempts genocide. If WW2 hadn't been started by Hitler than it would have been started by the Russians. Remember they wen after Poland at the same time and were just as land greedy as the Nazis.

1-More then 6 million Jews died in the holocaust. Another few million Russian, Polish, Jypsis and poltical rivals to the Nazis.

More than 6 million Jews is a little high, the upper 5 million is what research indicates. But, nevertheless, far too many innocents were killed during the Holocaust, Jews and non-Jews alike.

B-He is responsible to WWII.

Hitler wasn't soley responsible for WWII, there were thousands of factors at play that created the mood, atmosphere and eventually the war.

His Idiology is by far the worse.

His ideology isn't actually that far off from many of those. He simply had a more willing society within and around Germany to assist his efforts.

A-Only Hitler systamticly tried to destroy a whole race, presuing the Jews outside and inside Germany.

Hitler probably got the idea by what was done to the Armenians. In fact, in both instances, both governments used the cover of war to hide their atrocities.

OK

True, but remmember that Hitler caused great suffering to his own people, uprressed them, killed them. I think evil is a hard thing to measure....

Lets not get carried away with numbers. Let us remember Hitler had the men and material to kill so many, but others didnt but where just as capable if they did. Regardless, Id say Stalin.

About

About the Armenians-
I share their suffering but-
The Amenians were killed by the turks over the fact that they are christian,not racial reasons... Allso, the Turks did not presue the Arm. outside the Turkish part of the Ottoman Empire(the Arminians in Palestine werent harmed, for instance).
The 6 million noumber is the one presented by the Yad Vashem National Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem...

Back