Total war: SHOGUN 2

Big_Z

MilForum Recon
Has anyone got around to playing this one yet? I just bought it on steam, i'm about 45% through the download.

Has anyone got around to playing this one yet? I just bought it on steam, i'm about 45% through the download.

I played the demo, its really good. They have made huge improvements to the AI and I love the new 3D map.

I really have three complaints, so I am holding off...

1. Limited Units Choices. Not only are there fewer units overall, but the units are all the same. This is a change from other games where each faction fielding very different units. They also removed the Mongols from the first game which was a bad because the Mongols really offer a lot of variety as they are almost completely cavalry based whereas the Japanese are mostly infantry.

2. They "dumbed" the game down. Empire and Napoleon had much more complex economic and diplomatic systems, but they were buggy. CA solutions was to dumb down those aspects of the game. I didn't like the change.

3. I am not a big fan of the time period. Of all the periods I find Japan to be the LEAST interesting. I also have a preference for firearm based armies.

I still might get it when it goes to budget prices, otherwise Ill skip this one and get the next game (which is probably going to be Rome 2). I got a tons of games I have to finish, at least a years supply.

And when SWTOR comes out, I wont be on the forums much, I promise you all that :smile:

Thinking of changing my username to "Darth Marsh".

Back