Total War ROME

--

August 7th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Total War ROME

I just found out that this game is being used by the history channel for their new series Decisive Battles. I have Total MEDIEVAL War and it kicks some serious butt.

Anyone played the TW Rome game??

http://www.totalwar.com/community/rome.htm
August 7th, 2004  
Stafford911

i havnt played it but i seen the history channel and it looks damn sweet. Is it out to the public yet?
August 7th, 2004  
MosquitoMan

I'm not sure, but I can't wait to get it. Medieval: Total War was awesome!
--
August 11th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I just read that it comes out this fall. I cannot wait!!!
September 6th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

I played the first one, it is really neat.
September 6th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Looks Great, havnt seen a good Roman game since Caeser III.
October 3rd, 2004  
Big_Z

Yep i got it. Its pretty good, If you have a powerful computer it looks downright ammazing 5000+ men on the screen at once. Ill tell you what the Greeks and Spartans in that game are damn near impossible! If you dont have at least twice as many men they will slaughter you. I never realised how important spearmen really were back then intill I played the game.
October 3rd, 2004  
Bootboy82

I'm downloading the demo right now and I wonder how it will look like on my computer. I guess I'll have to choose minimum settings.
October 4th, 2004  
Big_Z

Dude the demo is HORRIBLE. It ran at like 15 fps with 500 guys on the screen. I can get 40 fps with 5000 guys on the screen now. They somehow forgot to add videocard support to it so old vid cards would run just as fast as the newest $500 top of the line cards.
October 4th, 2004  
Bootboy82

Where did you get those 500 men from? I just had a tutorial and a small battle playing Hannibal in the battle of Trebia.

I played it with the lowest details set, but it still looked amazing. I barely can imagine what it will look like as soon as i have a better CPU. 8)