Total War ROME

Empire Earth is nothing like Rome: Total War

but back on topic, I have it and its more addicting than crack

It's a good game but a little easy atm. I'm playing the battles on hard difficulty and it's pretty easy to slaughter the enemy if you don't do stupid things like charge cavalry units into the front of spearmen and so on. The AI can be a little dumb in places and I really don't like how the AI must control any reinforcing armies. The computer does not seem to know how to effectively use them IMO.

Overall though a very good game and a must if you are into wargames.

i play ROme online

my name is Wowow,
my msn is chaijie_1988@hotmail.com

contact me if anyone wants a match

by the way, Wonders in the game are very useful,
some add loyalty, some add production of argiculture,
some make price of building cheaper, good things to capture
i always like to capture a few wonders at the beging of games, makes life easier

Extremely late reply, you probably found out already....oh well.

1) Try and improve public health by building sewers and baths, normally I would do this once the population ahs grown to 4-6k.

2) If there is a plague, seal the city off! No units inside the plagued city should leave for another city.

3) If your family member has been affected keep him in close watch, once your settlement stops having a plague, remove him from it (so you have max. benifets of his skills during the plague) and keep him a short distance from the city, so the city won't cathc another plague and he can be in close proximity in case the settlement is attacked. The plague would wear off overtime, but your family member/agent can still get killed in the process.

You should be cautious of attacking Macedonia early in the game (can't remember, maybe 15-30 years into the game) since a plague normally appears there. Egypt and Carthage have pretty fast growth, try and invade them early in the game and control the plague. Nothing can be worse than not knowing a plague is in the city and you send your best general and troops to overrun its defences :x .

BTW, mercenaries rule, they really make campaigns shorter :D

Edit: I realised how irrelevant the message I quoted was, this message is a reply to the topic about plagues.

Another Roman Stradegy Game

I own a game called Praetorians. Its more like a mix of ROME Total War and Sid Mieir's Gettysburg. They let you on campaigns and what's cool is that you get to play Egyptains and Celts. With the Celts having the troops with the most hitpoints.

http://praetorians.pyrostudios.com/

Above is the website.

''Rise Of Nations'' is the best strategy game ever. Seriously

Its a mix of command and conqueor, Empire earth, and civilization.

Goes from 'cavemen' up to 'robot men' lol

over 500 units, including NUKES. Its the most satifying feeling in the world when someone wipes out a cties defences and occupies it and you reply with a Nuclear ICBM :lol:

and the campaign node you choose who and when to go to war with and which armies to use ect, so that is the civilization part of it

http://www.microsoft.com/games/riseofnations/

Back