Total ignorance in the Middle East!

What i was trying to get at was that our media is so full of bias regardless of which network or news source you use, that of course the mass citizenry is going to be ignorant about The middle east. If our country's networks were more like BBC which is professional and respectful in the world's eyes, then our population would be much more enlightened about foreign affairs and maybe that would result in a better handling of diplomatic situations. I'm pretty sure walter cronkite is rolling in his grave.

WarMachine said:
What i was trying to get at was that our media is so full of bias regardless of which network or news source you use, that of course the mass citizenry is going to be ignorant about The middle east. If our country's networks were more like BBC which is professional and respectful in the world's eyes, then our population would be much more enlightened about foreign affairs and maybe that would result in a better handling of diplomatic situations. I'm pretty sure walter cronkite is rolling in his grave.

BBC is biased, too.

And there is no way around it

WarMachine said:
WM
I hate to burst your bubble but BBC is just as biased as any of the other media outlets ... the name of the game is no longer News ... it's entertainment. It's that market share that's important now ... without the bottom line, media outlets become a thing of the past. The bias is slanted in more of a European manner ... but ... it is biased.

By the way ...when did Walter Cronkite die??? As far as I know he is still alive and "keeping company" with a lady (Jan 16, 2006 New York realtor Joanna Simon, the sister of singer Carly Simon).

If BBC is biased, i'd liked to know what's it's biased for since it has to appeal to a very wide audience and it has virtually no commercial backing since it's government funded. I just watch BBC world news and they usually give views on both sides of an issue, especially the war in lebanon right now. They're not batshit like the other networks so i tend to trust them more. I don't get any other bbc shows except the world news and believe me, they're very professional and i try to, but i don't pick up much bias.

Honestly, just the idea of viewing Jews as a race/ethnicity unto themselves is a perpetuation of Nazi pseudo-science.

A relegious community is not a race. Do people honestly belive that the black Ethiopian Jew is of the same 'race' as the white European Jew, honestly?? Do people really think that all Jews today, or even all those in pre-Nazi Europe all have the same dominant background as do the Semetic people of the Middle East?

edit: I completely agree with whoever (Warmachine i think) said it would be simpler to nuke the crap outta the region. Also about BBC being better than the other networks mentioned. I'm back home in India right now, and I must say the quality of the CNN coverage we're getting is a lot better than it used to be (though i see a lot of British presenters/reporters, is this the same stuff as is being shown in the US, or is this some global variant?)

Monty's points seem pretty valid. And yeah, the British have done a really good job of ruining stability in the regions they administered. In India, we feel this everyday.

Last edited:
The history goes back along way. The Balfour agreement was not a great moment in British history.

The West Bank issue will cause continued grief for all concerned. Don't have an answer.

WarMachine said:
If BBC is biased, i'd liked to know what's it's biased for since it has to appeal to a very wide audience and it has virtually no commercial backing since it's government funded. I just watch BBC world news and they usually give views on both sides of an issue, especially the war in lebanon right now. They're not batshit like the other networks so i tend to trust them more. I don't get any other bbc shows except the world news and believe me, they're very professional and i try to, but i don't pick up much bias.

You identified exactly why and how the BBC is biased ... it is government funded and as such, it must follow a very strict set of guidelines. As a matter of fact, the guidelines for the BBC are more strict than for any American outlet that I am familiar with.

Last edited:
Chief Bones said:
You identified exactly why and how the BBC is biased ... it is government funded and as such, it must follow a very strict set of guidelines.
Some would disagree to you that a goverment could be biased...:shock:

:angel:

Yeah but you are all correct the biggest problem we have is the fact that the news medias focus more on the death and destruction (cuz hey face it that gets our attention) which is typically only a piece of the news...

Not only in the middle east but even in our own backyards...I really get sick of coming home and seeing the nightly news talk about who got shot today in Hartford, New Heavan, Bridgeport, et cetra.

Last edited:
Back