Total ignorance in the Middle East!

mmarsh said:
And since God has been playing Golf on the other side of the Galaxy, we cannot ask her directly. One final point. Most Israelis agree that the West Bank should be given back (with the exception of Jerusalem).
We should build missiles to intercept the giant god-sized golfball that will inevitably hit the hole we live in
mmarsh said:
Its these 187000 settlers (out of a population of 6 Million) whom are mostly from communities in NYC and Russia that absolute refuse to have any sort of negociation whatsoever.
Even if international and non-wacko Israeli pressure did get these settlers to leave, many elements in Hamas and Hezbollah would still want ALL of Israstine back. However, they would lose some support among those parts of the population who would be happy to only have total control of the West Bank. So it would be a start.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
They should all be evacuated somewhere else, then the "holdy land" should be nuked and bombed with all sorts of toxins so noone can claim it for another 500,000 years :D

Evacuate?
Then you are just postponing the restart of hostilities for 500000 years, it is a no win war as there are far too many on both sides who will never allow it to end.

MontyB said:
Evacuate?
Then you are just postponing the restart of hostilities for 500000 years, it is a no win war as there are far too many on both sides who will never allow it to end.

Yeah, but you would think attrition due to deadlier weapons and lower birth rates would come into play sooner or later. Unless both sides adopt the philosophy of the Shakers, who were totally abstinate, and recruit other people to be honorary Palestinians and Israelis.

True although casualty rates in war these days is trending downward and given 500,000 years of population growth on both sides it could be a long fight.

MontyB said:
True although casualty rates in war these days is trending downward and given 500,000 years of population growth on both sides it could be a long fight.
You miss a very important point ... the Arabs that were killed would go to their heaven, and set up new terrorist camps with the view that they could continue the fight by terrorist attacks against Christian Heaven.

THE WAR GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON ............

Who's bright idea was it to settle in a desert anyway? Look at all this sand, it's so... holy.

Look what the Israelis have done with it compared to their neighbors.

Yeah, they've done such a good job with it that their economy needs lots of resources. One of those resources is water which is abundant in occupied territory like west bank and golan. If it there was any one factor besides terrorism that is stopping a withdrawal from these areas it would be water rights. It's one thing to set up a state in a desert and it's another to drain the resources of the desert because your country lets in millions of people without restraint since they belong to a certain ethnic group. Israel should have been more cautious with its resources, it's a desert and some light woods. I think there's some obvious problems with fitting over 9 million people in an area like that.

mmarsh said:
Folks

Most arabs, except the fundimentalists acknowledge Isreal right to exist, even Arafat said so. That isnt the issue. The issue is the land in the West Bank the Isrealis basically stole from the Palestineans.

Uhm, wrong. Have you ever a) read a Palestinian textbook b) watched a Palestinian tv show c) listened to a Palestinian radio ? The issue is that 98% of the Arabs and 70% of the world's muslim think the Jews are sub-humans, call them monkeys and pigs and say they are not pure. Racism is the only issue.

mmarsh said:
The only excuse the Isrealis use as justification to this occupation is that they claimed God promised it to them. The Isrealis policy on settlements is shockingingly similar of the Nazi policy of Lebansraum (Living Space)

Uhm, wrong. Israel is home to more than 800,000 Israeli Arabs, hence there is no racism in Israel's policies, contrary to what you define "similar to Nazy policy". Also, the only excuse the Israelis use as justification to the occupation is NOT the claim that God promised it to them: that was NEVER the official justification of the Israeli government, but of some Orthodox Jews privately. Hence you should not speak about "the Israelis". The main reason why the West Bank, the Golan Heights and Gaza were occupied was security of the borders only in 1967 after Israel was again attacked by its neighbors. If there were anything similar to the Nazi policy in Central-Eastern Europe the Israeli Jews would have already started to carry out a genocide on the Arabs, while what is happening is that the Arabs are quickly going to outnumber the Jews within Israel itself.
Anyways, Israel HAS WITHDRAWN from the West Bank so Israel as a country didn't evidently think it was a land promised to them by God.
Are you Christian if I may ask?

Italian Guy said:
Uhm, wrong. Have you ever a) read a Palestinian textbook b) watched a Palestinian tv show c) listened to a Palestinian radio ? The issue is that 98% of the Arabs and 70% of the world's muslim think the Jews are sub-humans, call them monkeys and pigs and say they are not pure. Racism is the only issue.
Do you have anything to back these numbers or actions up, maybe a link to a text book perhaps?

Because the minute people start throwing such one sided numbers around without sources I start wondering about the validity of the claim I mean 98% and 70% are large numbers.

MontyB said:
Do you have anything to back these numbers or actions up, maybe a link to a text book perhaps?

Because the minute people start throwing such one sided numbers around without sources I start wondering about the validity of the claim I mean 98% and 70% are large numbers.
No I haven't, I used it to make my point. Didn't you know 87,2 % of statistics are made up? :p
The overwhelming majority of the Arab and of the Muslim people believe the Jews are impure and subhuman beings. Didn't you know?

The real fact is that 155% of the world's underdeveloped population hates israel, USA, EU, Japan, and me. 99.9% of the rest think that the indy 500 is superflous and 1 out of 1/2 think that water is good only for looking, but not for touching.

Italian Guy said:
No I haven't, I used it to make my point. Didn't you know 87,2 % of statistics are made up? :p
The overwhelming majority of the Arab and of the Muslim people believe the Jews are impure and subhuman beings. Didn't you know?

So in reality though your 98% is actually somewhere between none and 100% which is a fairly sizable margin of error and to be perfectly honest I think even using the term "overwhelming majority" without a factual base is also misleading.

The whole thing out there is one big muddle, just look how Israel has pushed it's borders deeper and deeper into the surrounding countries. It is not just the wars in the 1960's that have expanded their territory, they have been at it bit by bit ever since the 1960's. When you take all hope away from a people just what do you think they are going to do, or what would you do. The Israeli security wall has been built to protect the Israelis from attack but it has not been built in Israel but in Palestine. Yes the Israelis should have secure borders and should be able to live in peace, but by continually building up the hatred in all the local populations they will never get it.

There's a 100% margin of error which means that at the very least 55% feel that way, which is still majority.

WarMachine said:
That's the idea.

Brought to you by FOX news, your number source for crazy.
I don't see a "FOX" or a "CNN" or a "CBS, ABC, NBC" or a "BBC" at the top of my screen that says these media outlets are the source of the number craziness that has suddenly cropped up on this thread. How did we get sidetracked into a discussion of numerology??? I thought this was a discussion that concerned "Total ignorance in the Middle East".

WarMachine stick to the subject of this thread, which is not numbers nor statistics, nor the Indianapolis 500 nor FOX News. Further deviations will result in a ban.

Last edited:
Back