torn. What to do?

--

January 31st, 2005  
Daddy'slilfighter

Topic: torn

ok so both my mother and father were part of the US Military and my father continues to do so and he wants to see me follow in his footsteps in a way and I'm more then happy to. My mother won't even let me look at a recuriting office but my father is dancing at the thought of me enlisting.
I'm not sure who to listen to at this point and I was wondering if anyone had some advice or had been in this type of situation.
Thanks.
January 31st, 2005  
03USMC

What do you want to do? Your profile says 18. So the balls in your court.
January 31st, 2005  
Judas

ooooooooooooooooh I have to agree
--
January 31st, 2005  
CDTGaticaW201

I've kinda got the same issue with my parents. Dad supports me, mom doesn't like it. But they both know that I'm deadset on finding my way into the service.....so my mom supports me.

What I kinda mean is, Do what you want to do. Both parents should support you either way.
January 31st, 2005  
Vitaly

In my case, my mother is dead and my father supports my plan for enlisting. He agreed to sign since I am under 18.
January 31st, 2005  
Daddy'slilfighter

that's true, I can decide for myself but I don't want to alienate one parent over the other. But if I had to make a choice I would want to join the Marines then.
January 31st, 2005  
03USMC

You have too do what you feel is best for you. What will benefit your future. Not what your parents want you to do. If you don't feel you can make your own decision at this time then give yourself a couple years.
January 31st, 2005  
Joe252

join the Air Forcer WHAT ARE YOU THINKING.....kids these days you will live longer...
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

Listening to my dad was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. You make your decisions. If it turns out to be a mistake, it's your mistake. If it turns out to be a success, it's your success.
February 1st, 2005  
Daddy'slilfighter

join the Air Force, are u kidding me?? im just kidding, all the branches have their good and bad points.
Everybody is right, it is my choice and no matter what I choose, one parent is just going to have to deal with it.
Marines it is.