torn. What to do?

Daddy'slilfighter

torn

ok so both my mother and father were part of the US Military and my father continues to do so and he wants to see me follow in his footsteps in a way and I'm more then happy to. My mother won't even let me look at a recuriting office but my father is dancing at the thought of me enlisting.
I'm not sure who to listen to at this point and I was wondering if anyone had some advice or had been in this type of situation.
Thanks.

I've kinda got the same issue with my parents. Dad supports me, mom doesn't like it. But they both know that I'm deadset on finding my way into the service.....so my mom supports me.

What I kinda mean is, Do what you want to do. Both parents should support you either way.

In my case, my mother is dead and my father supports my plan for enlisting. He agreed to sign since I am under 18.

that's true, I can decide for myself but I don't want to alienate one parent over the other. But if I had to make a choice I would want to join the Marines then.

You have too do what you feel is best for you. What will benefit your future. Not what your parents want you to do. If you don't feel you can make your own decision at this time then give yourself a couple years.

join the Air Forcer WHAT ARE YOU THINKING.....kids these days :roll: you will live longer...

Listening to my dad was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. You make your decisions. If it turns out to be a mistake, it's your mistake. If it turns out to be a success, it's your success.

join the Air Force, are u kidding me?? :lol: im just kidding, all the branches have their good and bad points.
Everybody is right, it is my choice and no matter what I choose, one parent is just going to have to deal with it.
:rambo: Marines it is.

There is no " one parent will have to deal with it". Once your mom chooses to understand, that is it. I have said this several times to people, parents have a hard time with their child joinin the military, no matter what branch due to the conflicts currently goin on. This is true for any generation that has had a war or conflict, they are afraid they are helpin/encouragin their child sign a death sentence. That is how people see it due to the media and other things, not as a career move. Your mom will be proud of you no matter what you do and also no matter what you do she will always be your mom and will always worry.

Speaking as a Mom; One of my proudest moments was watching my Son swear in. One of my hardest moments was watching my Son walk away down the hall afterwards. (Im tearing up thinking about it :cry: )

I dont want my son to go to war! I've spent the last 18 years protecting him, not an easy thing to let go of. As I have stated before I always knew he would grow up & join the Military and I support him the whole way. I still want to keep him safe & watch out for him. When I hear they got "Smoked" for 2 hrs in the snow I would like nothing better than give that DS a piece of my mind (lol)

Just know it's not easy for a parent to let go. (2nd x I saw my husband cry was the day he was born & day he left)

Good Luck to you!
ArmyMom

Everyone around me tells me that joining the Military was the biggest mistake of their lives..and none of them were Marines which I find swear by the Corps so its up to you do decide and make the decision for yourself, and when you do you can let the Marines make your decisions from now on ;)

The military is like anything else in life. You get out of it what you put into it. I'd take a serious look at those saying it was "the biggest mistake of their life" and see just what they're doing with their lives now.

Back