torn. What to do? - Page 2

--

February 1st, 2005  
Sooners1

There is no " one parent will have to deal with it". Once your mom chooses to understand, that is it. I have said this several times to people, parents have a hard time with their child joinin the military, no matter what branch due to the conflicts currently goin on. This is true for any generation that has had a war or conflict, they are afraid they are helpin/encouragin their child sign a death sentence. That is how people see it due to the media and other things, not as a career move. Your mom will be proud of you no matter what you do and also no matter what you do she will always be your mom and will always worry.
February 1st, 2005  
ARMYMOM

Speaking as a Mom; One of my proudest moments was watching my Son swear in. One of my hardest moments was watching my Son walk away down the hall afterwards. (Im tearing up thinking about it )

I dont want my son to go to war! I've spent the last 18 years protecting him, not an easy thing to let go of. As I have stated before I always knew he would grow up & join the Military and I support him the whole way. I still want to keep him safe & watch out for him. When I hear they got "Smoked" for 2 hrs in the snow I would like nothing better than give that DS a piece of my mind (lol)

Just know it's not easy for a parent to let go. (2nd x I saw my husband cry was the day he was born & day he left)

Good Luck to you!
ArmyMom
February 2nd, 2005  
Judas

Everyone around me tells me that joining the Military was the biggest mistake of their lives..and none of them were Marines which I find swear by the Corps so its up to you do decide and make the decision for yourself, and when you do you can let the Marines make your decisions from now on
--
February 2nd, 2005  
Charge 7

The military is like anything else in life. You get out of it what you put into it. I'd take a serious look at those saying it was "the biggest mistake of their life" and see just what they're doing with their lives now.