Topic changed -- Japanese atrocities vs Nazi Atrocities.

Ezechiel

Too bad a woman who fought for the peace died like this.

Did anyone read "Rape of Atrotities" before? It's told detailsly how the Japanese tortured the Chinese in WY II.

This book published in 1997, look like not many westerners really giving attention to this book for the recent 7 years. The book led to a conflict in Japan. The Japanese came out and protest it and denying things that said in the book.

Hope this thread might start a new discussion about the Atrotities (Spell wrong?) of Japanese and the Nanjing Massacre.

Atrocities.

But the Japanese did horrible stuff. Which is why there is so much animosity towards Japan by Korea and China... of the two Korea takes the more moderate stance nowadays.
The Japanese conduct in World War II was worse than Germany's. That's right, worse. Just that not many people know about it so they don't realize this.

the_13th_redneck said:
Atrocities.

But the Japanese did horrible stuff. Which is why there is so much animosity towards Japan by Korea and China... of the two Korea takes the more moderate stance nowadays.
The Japanese conduct in World War II was worse than Germany's. That's right, worse. Just that not many people know about it so they don't realize this.

Yes, I felt pretty bad about it.

German's atrocities seems brought more attention to the worldwide. I don't get it. Jews died 7 Millions but Chinese died 30 Millions. Why was there nobody ever notice more about Japanese atrocities.......

If you ask other countries who where take over by the Japanese, the Phillipines, Malaysia, ect. they will tell you how bad the Japanese really were and all the atrocities they comitted.

Japan is in total denial about this, their weak excuse is they got nuked, so in their eyes that make everything they did okay.

The problem with Japan's atrocities versus Germany's is that, althought Germany did alot of atrocities, they were mainly commited by the SS. Most of the common German soldiers conducted themselves arcording to the rules of war, and behaved well. That is NOT the case with the Japanese, with them the atrocities were done mostly by the common soldier.

Um... a new commerical jingle: if you want to lose weight, after a meal go to google and type in nanjing masscre

seriously, the japanese should really appoligize and give support and money to the countries they did the stuff to.. NOT ONLY THAT THEY DIDTN even ADMIT WHAT HAD HAPPENED, JAPAN DOESNT SEEM TO LISTEN, MANY TEENS STILL BELIEVE THAT THOSE STUFF ISNT TRUE, EVEN THE ONES WHO BELIEVE IT THINKS ITS COOL AND FUN TO DO THAT......

MEH, SOONER OR LATER EITHER CHINA OR OTHER COUNRTIES ARE GOING TO INVADE JPAPAN AFTE RJAPAN INVADE SOME COUNTRY..

THEN LETS HAVE SOME REVENGE( NOT ATTROCITIES THOUGH) SUCH AS BLOWING THEIR INFUTURESTRUE BACK TO THE STONEAGES

Dameon said:
I thought she commited sucide.

The latest news said that the Japanese left wings side sent letters,e-mails and phone call to her and threaten her that they will kill her or something. Becoz of this she was psychological corrupted and she shot the gun into her head in a car.

However the theory wasn't too confirmed right now.

13th Red Neck brings up a good point...ask any of my students what they're most interested in in History and the vast majority say the "Holocaust". The killing of 6 million Jews vs 30 million Chinese makes for a good discussion. Who was worse when it came to committing atrocities? We can't forget about the Russian purges in the 1930's but then again, that was their own people. What about the millions of Native American's in the USA that were killed? Here in the the US, the Holocaust receives much more attention, most are unfamiliar with the Soviet purges, the Rape of Nanking, and choose to forget about the Native Americans...definitely interesting...maybe a new thread??? What country committed the worst atrocities in history and why?
Patrick

The Holocaust was brought out more IMO by the people who were involved.

The Japanese have done nothing but deny their atrocities and attempt to suppress their exsistance

gladius said:
The problem with Japan's atrocities versus Germany's is that, althought Germany did alot of atrocities, they were mainly commited by the SS. Most of the common German soldiers conducted themselves arcording to the rules of war, and behaved well. That is NOT the case with the Japanese, with them the atrocities were done mostly by the common soldier.

Yup you got that right.
The non SS German troops were upstanding dudes. Too bad they had to be foe. The Japanese were nuts.

I have to wonder, what will it take for Japan to drop is ridiculous denial of it's crimes. Not even a list of lame excuses has been offered to the victims, and nothing even close to an apology. I think that in their denial of Warcrimes in WW2, Japan makes itself completely incomprehensible to both East and West. It would be like Germany adopting a policy stating that the existence of Forced Labor and Concentration Camps were the fanciful invention of the victorious Allies.

hahas, u should see some chinese ol school films about the sino-jap war; the japanese are described as hairy savages who only knew 2 words in chinese and drinks sake all day while doing bad things to chiese peasants...

Arh~~~why moving this thread to another room? it seems like not many people r giving attention of this topic, which we should discuss the most nowadays.

The Japanese were too over to the Asians. Japanese disturbance over Korean and Chinese started in Ming Dynasty, where one time Japanese invaded Korea and Ming came over to help. Luckily Korea was secure at that time.

Also, the Japanese pirates went to the near China shores(Ming dynasty) and cause many destruction to the Ships, the local people. And thus the Ming Emperor decided to lock off the sea trading line, and Ming at that time started to become weak.

There was a Japanese comic drawer maded a comic realte about the Nanjing massacre. In the comic they were 2 soldiers doing "Hundred Mem-Behead" and more details story wasn't beeen told. This comic had already been banned by the Japanese right-wing and was condemmed by them. They even wanted the Comic drawer apologize for this.

Reveal just a bit of the real truth is wrong?

japanese, should not be afraid of, theyve got no gangs outside of their own little country, theyve got a puny army, and anyways, even if u go badmouthing japan if ur a celeabrity, and get killed, likely the whole world will react highly..

hahas, a little story of my own: in china i drew a pic of japanese soldier killed by chinese soldier, hey, i entered it in a ar competetionand ive got the first prize

2ndShockarmy said:
japanese, should not be afraid of, theyve got no gangs outside of their own little country, theyve got a puny army, and anyways, even if u go badmouthing japan if ur a celeabrity, and get killed, likely the whole world will react highly..

hahas, a little story of my own: in china i drew a pic of japanese soldier killed by chinese soldier, hey, i entered it in a ar competetionand ive got the first prize

Altough Japanese do not have proper troops. But they have very good scientific archievement in their military field. heir Weapon were high tech enuff to beat many countries. We must be noticing about this.

when faced agnist the japanese techonlogy greatness( i must be slapping myself and saying this at the same time) the chinese regular, trained to the extreme armed with the newly produced assult rifle, wearing the new uniform, with the nationlistc feeling inside, with teh desire to fight, are ready to own japan...

when a human has a desire to fight, it always turns in good and the enemy is defeated...

not saying japanese has no desire to fight... but the chinese will never invade japan, unless its the land they took from china...

Japanese Atrocities were worse. What gives the Nazi's a worse name than the Japanese is that the Nazi's became 'open' after the war and told of all the horrible things they did so its more common knowledge, The Japanese however refuse to admit it. (eg. When you watch that video at the USS Arizona memorial the Japanese tourists act all shocked like they have never heard about what they did in the war).

That and like someone else said, the German Soldier was respectable and the German atrocities were commited by the Death camp SS.

Yeah the Japanese were terrible to captured soldiers. Unlike the Germans who put many uniformed soldiers into prisoner of war camps and treated them comparativly well (i know that isn't true across the board, but it seems to be the majority).

The Japanese had forced death marches, the massacres of Australian soldiers, forced work on the Burma railway and hellfire pass, and the treatment of Australians in places like Changi. It was absolutley horrific.

thesen r a few points in my mind, feel free to disagree.

all jews, and other groups (i think communists, slavs and homosexuals) were gathered and butchered...
for the japanese it was a land grab, and they massacred people as they went along...

the difference is that for japan they were just killing and abusing anyone in their path.

wheras the nazis were choosing those they didnt like, imo "scapegoats", they rounded them up like cattle and massacred and tortured them, this is where we first see the term "Genocide" being used. infact the word was invented to describe what the germans did.

why the jews plight gets more attention?
well because they have made it a strong issue, and followed it... even though the paltry compensation they get will never make up for lost loved ones and pshcyological pain (if ure parents are children of holocaust survivors you will know what i mean) its still more than what the chinese have got, and all the power to these people.
also another reason why i think the chinese havent got the recognition nor payment from japan or the west is because as you guys should recall after WW2 communism became the enemy, china became the enemy of the west, and the west was willing to forgive japan for its attrocities and help its economy because it feared the rise of communism.

this next bit is on topic with what i read, but off topic with the rest of my post, ask yourselves would US ever test its nukes on Europe? i highly doubt it, (race issues might be part of it)... but they nuked japan.
now i always defend america on that decision.
nuking caused 100000 deaths or so. but imagine the death and destruction had america invaded the japan like it did german... with that in mind nuking japan was the right idea at the time.
and anyways you might not know this, but japan had cutting edge biological weapons, they tested it in china killing 250000 chinese. offcourse the head of this ruthless group that did the biological weapons knew what he had to do to survive and that was to not use bio weps on USA (usa already used nukes), but instead share tech (like german rocket scientists did) and have a nice life.
imagine if they launched these bio bombs using their balloon system or from japanese subs... instantly you could have everyone in the los angeles urban area dead, they perfected how to blow these bombs in the air without killing the majority of the bacteria. its a good thing japan got nuked before they were confident eneugh to use bio weps.

Back