Topic changed -- Japanese atrocities vs Nazi Atrocities. - Page 6




 
--
 
February 4th, 2010  
MarcHeafey
 
There was on shining spot in this mess and it surprised the hell out of me when I learned it. A ranking Nazi party member, aligned with several American and Dutch doctors, nurses and property owners were able to secure a "Safe Zone" in Nanking for Chinese refugees.... sounds funny how someone from China can be forced to be a refugee in his own country.... but this Nazi official, John Rabe was instrumental in the sparing of several thousand Chinese citizens..... and always at personal danger to himself. He was able to secure a "neutral zone" in his neighborhood from the authorization of Hitler himself. Kinda like an Eastern Schindler's list.... well it wirked for them just like that.............
February 4th, 2010  
MarcHeafey
 
In conclusion, what seems to pique most of the posters in this chain's tempers is that fact that, compared to the Nazis, it looks like the Japanese got away with murder. That is what the public record is made to show. The Emperor, Asaka, and every other member of his royal family got immunity from all war crimes in exchange for surrender. Many Japanese officers who served the Emperor faithfully in the occupation of China were summarily executed by their own government in order for the Allied tribunals to be able to "save face" and to close their investigations.
February 4th, 2010  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcHeafey
In conclusion, what seems to pique most of the posters in this chain's tempers is that fact that, compared to the Nazis, it looks like the Japanese got away with murder. That is what the public record is made to show. The Emperor, Asaka, and every other member of his royal family got immunity from all war crimes in exchange for surrender. Many Japanese officers who served the Emperor faithfully in the occupation of China were summarily executed by their own government in order for the Allied tribunals to be able to "save face" and to close their investigations.
I think the big difference in the post war criminal proceedings is that few of the Japanese that committed the crimes survived the war and it is incredibly hard to convict and punish dead men further to this I think there was a great desire to keep the Japanese out of the Soviet sphere of influence by late 1945 and so war crimes trials were more symbolic in the East than they were after the German surrender which is why many of Germans had sentences commuted.
--
February 4th, 2010  
LeEnfield
 
 
There were many deal done between the Americans and the Japanese to prevent them facing trial for war crimes. One of the great classics of this was the Japanese Military Doctor who ran a camp in China where he conducted experiments on Allied prisoners. His main interest was Tropical Fevers and thousands died there, yet he was let of from prosecution if he handed over his research to the Americans. Yet Mengler from Germany was pursed all over the world for doing much the same thing. Now if you can explain the difference I would like to hear it.
February 4th, 2010  
Spaniard
 
I was researching and found out That Canadian, British and US Troops, days after D-Day were given orders to shoot
all German prisoners or Germans that surrendered. And they DID, hundreds of them! Documented Fact.

Made me think as contemplate that we weren't any better.

But the Japs brought it, to a hole different level. Made the SS look like a walk in the Park.
February 4th, 2010  
03USMC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard
I was researching and found out That Canadian, British and US Troops, days after D-Day were given orders to shoot
all German prisoners or Germans that surrendered. And they DID, hundreds of them! Documented Fact.

Made me think as contemplate that we weren't any better.

But the Japs brought it, to a hole different level. Made the SS look like a walk in the Park.
See that bold red in the qoute?

Post a link, or source for that.
February 5th, 2010  
Spaniard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
See that bold red in the qoute?

Post a link, or source for that.

Me Thinks! You want a piece of my sorry 6 LOL. No Problem you can throw all the Hand grenades you want in my Direction, Keeps me on my toes! Lmaooooooo

News Flash, Archived research has No LINKS! But any WWII Historian will tell you same, a Known Fact!

But Take a look at this.

http://www.ety.com/HRP/rev/warcrimetrials.htm

Now I was watching A documentary and It Tells you the same thing.

http://www.nfb.ca/film/In_Desperate_...Normandy_1944/

US forces execute German Pows account from WW2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD4bDHTHdpU
February 5th, 2010  
LeEnfield
 
 
Now if life was so bad for the German POW why did 78.000 of them ask to remain in Britain after the end of the war. Many of the German POW met and married British women and we used to have them around our house even before the war had ended and I found them very good company.
Now if at the end of WW2 what would have happened if we transported back to Germany nearly 500.000 men with no where to go and no food, so they were released slowly back to Germany. Also after the war we still had a huge standing army and did not have the man power at home to help clear up the bomb damage so those that were here were put to work to help clear that up, for which they were housed, fed, clothed and got some spending money. Many of the German POW fitted right into Britain and did well for them selfs one even became a footballer for a top British Club, yet you can call this slavery.
The Roman Catholic Church must have had some deal with the Nazi Party as it was them who provided the Top Nazi leaders with papers, boat tickets and money to leave Europe.

Shooting of German POW........Now it is a proven fact that a number of Canadians were captured by the Germans during and around D Day yet they were bound and shot by the Germans now after seeing that would it change your our look on taking POW. Also if you had been one of the people that liberated some the death camps and you saw the horrors their just how would you look upon the guards at these camps, would treat them like a long lost friend or would they be kissing the butt of your rifle. Also there was one quote from a well known fighting American General who once stated he was not interested in seeing German snipers taken prisoners. Now the reason he said this was because the snipers had already cut down quite a number of people before they were caught.

The other thing you have to take into account was that most of Europe lay in ruins and the population was starving. Britain had to turn all its heavy bombers into dropping food supplies into Holland towards the end of the war as the Germans had cut of all the food to civilian population.

Also you have to remember that Germany had swept Europe for man power had turned most men into little more than slaves and when peace came you had some 7 million people trying to make their way home from slavery and they were also looking for pay back, and remember that they had to walk home as there was very little transport and even less food.

Really you would have had to live it to understand just what went on, and all the people that write these books are interested in is a few cheap headlines to promote their books
February 5th, 2010  
Spaniard
 
Quote:
Now it is a proven fact that a number of Canadians were captured by the Germans during and around D Day yet they were bound and shot by the Germans now after seeing that would it change your our look on taking POW.
That happen at that Church in July 44. On the Normandy Link It talks about It. And clearly states both sides did same.
Germans Shot Allied Prisoners and the Allies did same. A total disregard for the Geneva Convention.

Like You stated you see so much injustices that at one point you don't care and you do same.

But The Japs for there Horrific Atrocities have yet, till this date have not Apologised.
February 5th, 2010  
LeEnfield
 
 
Spaniard the Japanese have apologized but they still blame every one else for what happened.