Top White House aide quits

Nobody would claim that America's global intentions have always been entirely pure. Still, our foreign policy -- from the Barbary war to Kosovo -- has usually had a strain of idealism at which the cynical Europeans have scoffed.

Finally an objective view on American foreign policy, at least for so far I can remember. You can say that the Europeans are quite cynical over the American motives. I don't know if this solely because of the many wars we had. Probably a mix, because sometimes the US motives were plainly visible and not very pretty. Let's just say that it all comes down to Geopolitics. Secondly, we tend to see the Americans as somewhat of a big child; a tad shallow, more interested in muscle than wisdom, vain, easily roused into hysteria and very primair in their reactions. The idealism often displayed isn't well understood overhere.

But I think that the Trans-Atlantic relations will be under tension during peacetime, but when the poop hits the fan, it will be as strong as always. By this I mean; attacks on national soil etc...

Back