Top Japanese scientists disagree with Global Warming

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/25/jstor_climate_report_translation/

Yes. They've actually managed to say that it's not caused by people - a statement that would get them crucified if they were from a Western country.

But to a large degree you are being misleading, they don't disagree with global warming they simply disagree with the causes of global warming.

Now in every problem solving class, course and seminar I have ever been to I was told that analysing the problem is not as important as isolating the problem ie. your first priority is to prevent the situation getting worse and then you take steps to prevent it happening again (which is the analysis part).

In some circles they are saying that there really isn't any global warming at all, it's all just been created to make people more aware of their environment.

Well I'd say it is probably getting warmer, though I think the data could be exagerrated. The cause however, is a mystery. It's happened many times before, even before the first factory was even imagined.

Is Global warming even a problem? Given that it is known the Earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling periods. What should we do about it? Should we expend enormous amounts of time and resources to try and slow the inevitable? Or, should we except it and work to adapt to our changing environment.

There is nothing wrong with being aware of our effect on the environment. We should should take steps to minimize the negative effects we have on our planet. It seems egotistical of us to think we can control the cycles of a planet.

Given that our existence on this planet is going to have an effect on it. Should we do anymore than try and minimize the negative effects.

If the ocean rises 3 feet over the next 50 years, would it be a good idea for people who live in the effected areas to plan on moving before then?

Well I'd say it is probably getting warmer, though I think the data could be exagerrated. The cause however, is a mystery. It's happened many times before, even before the first factory was even imagined.

Also keep in mind this is merely one study, once against the many others that have said that Global warming is man-made. Nor was the Japanese finding unanimous amongst all that participated in the study. Of the 5 scientists, 2 disagreed with the finding. The overall opinion amongst most scientifics is that it is man made.

To me, the thing that indicates that global warming is man made is the speed at which the climate is changing. Its true that the earth has undergone both massive warming and cooling periods. But each of those times the change was progressive throughout thousands perhaps millions of years. Today we have astonishing changes that have occurred within mere decades.

I don't think it can be denied that, with the VAAST population and technological differences between the millions of years ago and today, man has had SOME impact on the climate of the earth. I do believe the earth is in the process of warming ANYWAY, but man is not helping.

Global warming is most definitely happening, and humans are contributing to it. It would still be happening without us, just more slowly.

I'm not concerned about global warming, but I am a bit nervous about the ice age that usually follows it.

Global warming is most definitely happening, and humans are contributing to it. It would still be happening without us, just more slowly.

I'm not concerned about global warming, but I am a bit nervous about the ice age that usually follows it.

But the skiing will be good.

Like I said, I'd bet the farm that man was some part of it... Now the division of the blame is up to those who are more knowledgeable on the subject.

CO2 output and levels and the way the temperature rises and falls don't seem to have a direct correlation.
Just how is that one explained?

Back