Top 5 navies of the world

Why don't you give us your assessment?
Either way this isn't a very smart topic and usually can't be proven and just leads to flame wars. Usually between normal people and people inexplicably in bed with Russia.

Russia 2nd? You're joking right? Most of their ships are rusting away and of those in active duty only a fraction are actually sea worthy.

Belgian navy STRONG!!! we have 2 frigates, 1command ship and 4 minesweepers. we kick ass dammit!!!!

holy crap my countries military sucks :p

lol but when did the Belguian Army seen action?
i mean in the last 40 years

euh i think the last major conflict we were involved in was the war in Korea :p but weve seen batlle in Rwanda and Congo and the first Gulf war.

But because of our leftist tree hugging hippie government we have a crap army now. (and believe it or not, in the 50 to the 90's we had a real decent military force for such a small country.)

Our para-commandos and F-16's are seeing a little action now in afhganistan and they are already crying about it.

My bad, and it's just my opinion. I'm not sure and aware if Australia has an aircraft carrier.... :confused:

1. US
2. England
3. India
4. France
5. Australia

My bad, and it's just my opinion. I'm not sure and aware if Australia has an aircraft carrier.... :confused:

1. US
2. England
3. India
4. France
5. Australia

Number 5 is wrong, the last aircraft carrier Australia had was "Sydney" which was decommissioned on 12 November 1973.. You are in the right area of the world though, Thailand has a carrier.

Go here for more info on carriers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_carriers

Last edited:
Number 5 is wrong, the last aircraft carrier Australia had was "Sydney" which was decommissioned on 12 November 1973.. You are in the right area of the world though, Thailand has a carrier.

Go here for more info on carriers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_carriers

Thanks for the recorrect. However, I've been told that the Aussie Navy has the good reputation for its defend against any foreigners whose enter the Aussie water territory and most advanced techologies in the Pacific Ocean.

Add Japan's Maritime Self Defense Force somewhere... maybe in 5th place. One of the most advanced navies in the world.
Japan and South Korea's navies could whip the living daylights out of the Thai one several times over.
India probably won't fit on the list yet. Other than their projected Kiev class aircraft carrier, the rest of their navy doesn't seem to be much to shout about. They have some "stealth" frigates of Russian design but I am not sure as to how effective they are.
They don't seem to have any AEGIS systems to speak of (correct me if I'm wrong... I just can't find any info on it).

Top 5 in overall power/strength in the world or their region, since the U.S. basically controls the world's seas.

Back