Top 5 most anticipated games of 2008

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
I know I can't wait for Ghost Busters...YEAH!!.....

Last year was a blockbuster year for video games and, amazingly, 2008 is shaping up to be even bigger. Here’s a look at some of the upcoming titles we can’t wait to get our hands on.

'Grand Theft Auto IV'

The most anticipated game of 2008 has to be Rockstar’s “Grand Theft Auto IV.” This franchise has a legion of fans whose appetite for larceny, murder and fast cars has only grown since its release date was pushed back from last year’s holiday season. They’ll finally get their chance to live their life of crime when “GTA4” (for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 systems) hits the streets April 29th.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl'

Nintendo may be known for games filled with cute and cuddly characters, but in its “Super Smash Bros.” franchise those same characters lay the smack down on each other.

“Super Smash Bros. Brawl,” available for the Nintendo Wii on March 9th, features fan favorites Mario and Donkey Kong, as well as many others, fighting head-to-head and in group battles. And for the first time in the series' history the game will have Wi-Fi, so you can take on your friends no matter where they live.

'Spore'

Electronic Arts’ “Spore” is aiming to become the Big Daddy of all simulation games. In it, players control the evolution of a species, starting as a microscopic organism and working your way up to a complex life form. You’ll build societies, conquer the planet, and even venture into space, where you’ll encounter and colonize other worlds.

There’s no doubt that “Spore” (which will be available Sept. 7th for the PC, Mac, Nintendo DS and mobile phones) is a bold endeavor on a massive scale. But if anyone can pull it off, it’s probably designer Will Wright - the man who also created “The Sims.”

'The Agency'

Are you a fan of massively multiplayer online games but tired of playing some medieval fantasy character? Would you prefer to play as a James Bond-style spy instead? Then Sony’s “The Agency” (available for both the PC and PS3) is something you definitely need to check out.

You can use stealth and subterfuge - as well as some crazy gadgets - to fight terrorism, or you can be the mercenary out to wreak havoc. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait to see if you have what it takes to be a secret agent. Sony has yet to set a solid release date for “The Agency.”

'Ghostbusters: The Video Game'

We’re big fans of the “Ghostbusters” films starring Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis. That’s why we were so excited when we heard that “Ghostbusters: The Video Game” was going to feature the original cast doing the voice work. But when we found out that Aykroyd and Ramis, writers of the original screenplays, were also writing the game’s script, we were just plain ecstatic.

With the original crew creating an all-new adventure starring you as the new recruit, “Ghostbusters: The Video Game” could be thought of as an interactive sequel, a “Ghostbusters III” if you will, instead of a run-of-the-mill movie-based game.

Sierra’s “Ghostbusters: The Video Game,” which will be available for most systems, is expected to ship in the fall.

Can't wait for GTA IV and Spore, never heard of the rest.

Really looking forward to the release of Hostile Intent: Pheonix Rising, but they need an animator or two before they can release.

i don't have the time for a game like that. best i can do is a racing game for about 30 minutes.... a week...

Frankly I am not pysched for any of them. GTA IV perhaps cause its back in the Apple.Other than that I agree with Redleg

Back