Top 5 best simulation games

It's an old game and I can't remember the name of it but it was an M1 Abrams tank simulation. My stepdad played it and he said it was incredibly realistic.

M1 Tank Platoon 1+2 by Microprose -That was the classic tank sim untill Steel beasts.

Personally I prefered Panzer Commander by SSI.

M1 Tank Platoon 1+2 by Microprose -That was the classic tank sim untill Steel beasts.

Personally I prefered Panzer Commander by SSI.

I think Steel Beasts was my favourite because it allowed you to tone down the effect of airpower.

I used to play a lot of the Panzer/Allied General series but more because of its re-playability and simplicity than its accuracy.

A good simulation game lets players dig into real-life situations that they would never otherwise get to explore. A great simulation gives players complete control over every little detail. If you love being the person in charge, these are the games for you.
'The Sims'
'Flight Simulator 2002'
'RollerCoaster Tycoon'
'Nintendogs'
'Second Life'

I think Steel Beasts was my favourite because it allowed you to tone down the effect of airpower.

I used to play a lot of the Panzer/Allied General series but more because of its re-playability and simplicity than its accuracy.

I used to play allied and panzer general religiously on the PS one. I also liked Steel panthers as well for the PC, I used to spend hours and hours making my own "what if" scenerios.

Last edited:
Sid Meier's Civilisation IV (plus all Expansions) - awesome game, made even more awesome by the community's modification and customisation work.

X-Wing Alliance - LOL, ok, not much of a "simulator", considering we aren't exactly hooning around space yet, but it's a flight-sim of sorts, and the sheer amount of craft to fly, gaming options, surprisingly solid graphics considering the game's age, and all played to a sweeeeeeet John Williams Soundtrack? Out-standing! :D

SimCity - Whats more fun than creating a sprawling society, catering for it's every whim, then trashing it with an invading monster? Nothin, that's what :lol:

Gunship 2000 - Old old offering by Microprose; Kicked much ass ;-)

Mechwarrior - played for many many hours back in high school. Again, not really a true simulator, since we're not poking around in large mechanised behemoths, but still loosely fitting into the genre...

If you talk about sim games, there is nothing like sid meir's civilization IV : Warlords....... Simply awesome gr8 gr8 game......

Wow, thought that was axed.
Glad to see it's back.
Hope it's for the PC, not console.

Heres the info I got...

PC and X360

Its a full reboot of the series, its not Mechwarrior 5. Its being made by the original designers of FASA by a new studio called Smith and Tinker

and the Robotech people have already sued them...

GARRRRRR and that's why it's been put on hold.

Why can't Mechwarrior just re-invent itself and shed the designs that are the cause of the law suits?
The ones that aren't real problems like the Shadowcat, etc. are pretty damned awesome in themselves. Why use the ones that are robotech ripoffs?

I haven't played any simulation game, other than Sims, so I think that makes takes the number one spot on my list. I still have 4 slots vacant too. Lol.

For a driving/racing sim, nothing beats Gran Turismo 5, in my opinion, for the sheer sense of speed it imparts and just how crazy it is do drive some of the different race cars of yesterday and today.

I really want to buy Arma 3. It's the realism that I love, and should really be in games like Call of Duty and the Battlefield series.

My perfect first-person-shooter:

Call of Duty gameplay.
Arma realism and mass of units.
Rainbow Six customisationability (just made up a word!) :p *customisation
Battlefield 3 graphics.

*Like, in Call of Duty where you could easily get up to a high spot, but NO! There's an invisible wall there. Like WTF! It ruins the game!*

Apologies, rant over. But yes, I want to get Arma III. Black Ops 2 looks like futuristic crap! I HATE futuristic games. :mad:

Back