--
Boots

December 7th, 2004  
kotakk

I Would definitely rate russians higher tahn the chinese because
of their sheer experience.
December 7th, 2004  
Xion

If you wanna rate Russia on sheer experience , think about India , India should be after USA.
U.K. definitely has no place in the top 5 spot there, thats just partiality and sheer ignorance on your part, just because they ruled half of the world some time back doesnt mean they are the best even today.That list sure seems to be influenced by hollywood movies rather than reality.
December 7th, 2004  
texasrebel211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion
If you wanna rate Russia on sheer experience , think about India , India should be after USA.
U.K. definitely has no place in the top 5 spot there, thats just partiality and sheer ignorance on your part, just because they ruled half of the world some time back doesnt mean they are the best even today.That list sure seems to be influenced by hollywood movies rather than reality.
i think u might be biased b/c u r maybe from india? lol

no way india has 2nd best military
--
Boots
December 7th, 2004  
Xion

India might not have the second best military, I said if the other guy wants to say that Russia only because of sheer experience should be placed above China then India has a lot more experience in warlike situations than Russia or China or U.S.A.
You are biased not me lol , when you say U.K. has the 4 th best military in the world.
Btw your news agency doesnt report this , american soldiers were in India about a year ago to take training in terrorist operations for Iraq, as Indian soldiers are far more experienced than their american counterparts.
December 7th, 2004  
Kane

India is curreuntly within the top 10 list but not the top 4. But rest assure, military power shifts quickly.

1914: World War I

1. Great Britain
2. Germany
3. France
4. The United States / Japan / The Russian Empire

1975: The Nuclear Powers

1. The United States / USSR
2. Great Britain
3. France
4. The People's Republic of China

1990: End of the Communist Bloc

1. The United States
2. USSR
3. The United Kingdom
4. The People's Republic of China

1. The United States
2. European Union
3. People's Republic of China
4. Russia / India

2020 (Predictions and Estimates by growth rate) we'll never know what will happen in the future

1. The United States
2. People's Republic of China
3. European Union / India / Russia
4. South Korea
December 7th, 2004  
Kane

However the question who has the most powerful military is debatable
December 7th, 2004  
Xion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane

1. The United States
2. European Union
3. People's Republic of China
4. Russia / India

2020 (Predictions and Estimates by growth rate) we'll never know what will happen in the future

1. The United States
3. European Union / India / Russia
4. South Korea
-------------------------------------
Good prediction but look at mine now -

1. The United States
3. Russia / India
4. EU TOGETHER (No one EU nation can ever defeat the above countries )

1. The United States / People's Republic of China
2. India
3. Russia / EU Together (No one EU nation can ever defeat the above countries )
4. (Open Spot)
December 7th, 2004  
Kane

Just remember that it also regards to Economic power, motivation, national will, unity, innovative tactics, military technology, and the self-efficiency on the weapons industry.
December 7th, 2004  
MadeInChina

um.. by sheer numeber nk should be on the llist
December 7th, 2004  
A Can of Man

You shouldn't be.
That's a tough crowd up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion
I will only say this much, shocked and deeply saddened not to see any mention of India there.
You're dreaming.
If it's by sheer number you can add South Korea to the list too because it has one of the largest standing armies in the world as well, and if you call up the reserves, and if North Korea called up its reserves, South Korea's troops would actually outnumber North Korea's.
Not to mention the South's military is better armed, better equipped, better fed, well trained... we've gone over this before. But no, South Korea's military doesn't belong on the top 4 and neither does North Korea's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
um.. by sheer numeber nk should be on the llist
Hmmm maybe I can give it a go

Now:
1) USA
2) China
3) UK
4) Russia (just not seen them do ANYTHING right lately)

The only reason Japan doesn't make the list is because of the small number of ground troops. They could raise those pretty quickly. They are, however, one of the world's very top in naval power.
Combine South Korea's and Japan's military in some kind of defense agreement and you have something that'll hit a draw with the UK.