Top 10 Sexiest aircraft

I decided to make a topic regarding MY opinion on the top 10 best looking aircraft.

Lets go, from 1st to 10th:

1. Sukhoi 32/34

2qs2zgz.jpg

2. F-14 Tomcat

2mfiv84.jpg

3. Tupolev 160 Blackjack

18ddf6.jpg

4. Vulcan

4v68n5.jpg

5. Saab Gripen

euiolu.jpg

6. Sukhoi 47 Berkut

jj5wet.jpg

7. SR-71 Blackbird

dx0fw5.jpg

8. A-10 Thunderbolt

246kql5.jpg

My all time favorite airplane.... as slender as slender gets. Quit charming I'd say.
MkSpitfireinflight2jpg.jpg

Or another of my favorites is this one:
triplane.jpg

Not really up to date, but that wasn' a requirement wasn't it?

Last edited:
Not a fighter, but that was not a requirement, right?

C-121 Super Connie (L-1049 G, EC-121 "Warning Star", VC-121 E "Columbine" as Ike´s "Air Force One") was the most sexy loking plane ever, without doubt, that unique slight curve in the hull !, that delicate front wheel !!, that graceful undercarriage !!!... eerrhmm... getting caried away here a bit...:

ec121r00.jpg

N6937C-24Oct79.jpg

Super%20Constellation.jpg

N8083H-5Sep02-1a.jpg

wstar5.jpg

escudo-de-eeuu-en-el-avion-air-force-one-http2007.jpg

617759380_0e92173351.jpg

Rattler

Last edited:
Sexy???

Why do you think it's nickname is the Warthog?

Exactly what I was going to say. The A-10 despite its many advantages but it is Butt ugly. It has no curves and its tail stick out like warts, its nose landing gear is off center, and its engines make it look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Even the people that fly it will tell you its an ugly duckling.

I dont the the 109E would be on list either. Its box cockpit with the thick window frames look ugly and the support braces for the aerilons make the plane look like its on crutches or something.

P-51D should be on the list.

Last edited:
Most of them look sweet, but as retired Navy I have to say the Phantom and Tomcat Rule equal at #1
BUT my love of a better time tells me the spit, bf109, P51B-D F4U's Hellcats, FW190's and A6M2's are the prettiest

Off course the F-14's Tomcats, the Top Gun's best aircrafts ever ladies and gents...and my fav war propaganda movie....bam bam bam ..the only movie I saw more than 2x..at least 8..?!

F-14-Tomcat-01.jpg

And another one I just found out (thanks rattler):..great personality, stamina, bold, strong and surprising lines going on..very unique indeed...agent 007 possibilities...:mrgreen:

ec121r00.jpg

Ok It looks pretty, but can it handle its own?
To me sexy aircraft are the ones that have been proven in both flight characteristics and combat.

Probably at BVR, but if it got into a dogfight with a Eurofighter or Su-35 then the USAF will need to replace it real quick.

I take it you've never seen it fly ;)

Sure have mate, and if I imagined it going up against a Su-35 or MiG-35 in a dogfight you might aswell compare it to a black belt martial artist fighting a 90 year old peace loving hippy.

The latter representing the F22, of course.

Back