Top 10 Sexiest aircraft

-snip- ...if I imagined it going up against a Su-35 or MiG-35 in a dogfight you might aswell compare it to a black belt martial artist fighting a 90 year old peace loving hippy. -snip-
Just for the record: There are no dog fights planned for in modern air battles. Engagement range is between 50 and 100 km (!) depenidng on type of a/c and weapons (the 100km for a Slammer on F1-5, the newer ALRAAMs in development might double that).

FWIW,

Rattler

Last edited:
Just for the record: There are no dog fights planned for in modern air battles. Engagement range is between 50 and 100 km (!) depenidng on type of a/c and weapons (the 100km for a Slammer on F1-5, the newer ALRAAMs in development might double that).

FWIW,

Rattler

That might be because of the concept of "Stealth" technology on aircraft and the fact that an AMRAAM or R-77 can shoot down a plane at 150km.

But you know, in a fair few years time stealth technology would be a pretty unamazing concept on a fighter jet, and most of them would have it. Well seeing as stealth would be so advanced, then wouldnt the only time you know that the other plane is there is when you actually SEE it with your own EYES?

Re: Top 10 Sexiest aircraft 5

To me the most elegant aircraft ever made was the YF-23!

in a fair few years time stealth technology would be a pretty unamazing concept on a fighter jet, and most of them would have it. Well seeing as stealth would be so advanced, then wouldnt the only time you know that the other plane is there is when you actually SEE it with your own EYES?
I see stealth and 'counter stealth' in the same context as ECM vs. ECCM!
Plus 'if' stealth remains ahead of counter stealth then, visual ID will be required. Mach two closure speeds almost insure that hard maneuvering will be required. I can envision dogfights like Col. Mike "Dozer" Showers had 03/24/99 over the Balkans when he shot down a MiG-29.

You Tube Interview with "Dozer" on his kill of the MiG-29, URL;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4mTrLhfXiM

Attachments

• YF-23_1b2-DFRC.jpg
    YF-23_1b2-DFRC.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6

FWIW,

Rattler

And yet the US Navy aircraft have cannons for dogfights against the stelth aircraft that long and short range air to air missiles won't find.

1. F-22
2. P-51
3. Spitfire
4. Mig-29
5. F-14
6. F-15
7. F-35
8. B-2
9. F-18
10. F-117

Thats my pick list. Nothing beats the F-22 in looks! ^^

My Top Ten:

1. P-51D Mustang
  2. F-104 Starfighter
  3. F-22 Raptor
  4. P-38 Lightning
  5. Avro Vulcan
  6. F4U Corsair
  7. Saab Lansen
  8. MiG-29 Fulcrum
  9. Commonwealth Boomerang
  10. B-17 Flying Fortress

Well like the Sukhoi 35 BM, in winter camo, the plane to me is just beautiful, let alone lethal looking, regardless of what statistics say.

F 22 is way to cliché to me, I like the Flanker series and the Rafael is not to bad looking either.

you kidding me?! honestly it's the F-22 Raptor. Sorry but none compare to this stealth aircraft

Stealth ain't worth crap if your being tracked by the little islamic fundamentalist using SAM when he's watching you fly across the open sky

Back