Top 10 Scariest Video Games

--

November 8th, 2006  
sandy

Topic: Top 10 Scariest Video Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?eurl=&v=vRVhwwh4278
Do you think this is right?
I don't feel any scary game with big gun is not so scary as I expected.
Because they are too noisy to make me scary.
I think the silent fear is the fear.
November 8th, 2006  
sunb!

Play Barbra Streisand in a dark room with high volume and you're getting more scared than you could imagine

However Resident Evil 2 is perhaps the most scariest games I've ever played. 8)
November 8th, 2006  
Donkey

I cant see the video because I dont feel like signing up for youtube....

BUT

I think the Doom games are pretty freaky....

Parts of Max Payne are a little twisted but I wouldnt say scary more disturbing...
--
November 8th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

Man, I couldnt complete Doom3!

I was playing it one late night before sleeping just after I bought it for xbox. I was alone and in the first level. I dont know, some.. thing jumped at me, and after awhile I shut off the xbox. Fugetaboutit
November 8th, 2006  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMacbeth
Man, I couldnt complete Doom3!

I was playing it one late night before sleeping just after I bought it for xbox. I was alone and in the first level. I dont know, some.. thing jumped at me, and after awhile I shut off the xbox. Fugetaboutit
SAME HERE, MIGHTY! Damn. lol
November 8th, 2006  
Sevens

The Resident Evil's and all the Doom's are pretty freaky if you play at night in the dark. Dead silent in the house while you're playing...you're totally into the game...then the cat knocks something over and damn near gives you a heart attack...But then you can freak yourself with just about any game in the dark -- the BloodRayne games, Devil May Cry games, Silent Hill games...
November 8th, 2006  
Donkey

I would be willing to say the Doom series is one of the scariest of all time...
November 9th, 2006  
major liability

System Shock 2. Quite simply the scariest game ever made. The marine campaign in Aliens vs. Predator 2 was also pretty creepy, and FEAR was a bit spooky but not really freightening.

Doom 3 wasn't scary at all to me, mostly because of the fact that it was quite easy for me to beat the game on Marine difficulty without dying once and there was way too much ammo lying around. Also, there were pretty much enemies around every corner, so you never really wonder if theres yet ANOTHER imp spawning behind you, it's just routine after a level or two.
November 9th, 2006  
Rabs

Im playing FEAR right now, its not really scary. Just creepy, and a hell of a lot fun.
November 9th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

I played that Resident Evil code veronica. to me it was fine, kind of tense but fine. I gave up playing when I didnt know what to do heh.
DMC was scary but fun 8) I liked DMC1, the best.
I think predator vs aliens was pretty normal, my brother used to play it alot, alone heh.
I think Swat4 is kiind of scary especially that level that takes place in some haunted dark building ruled my some cult, and in the basement, they had a grave yard for their "kids". Playing it alone, with music, makes you live the environment which makes it spooky. The good thing is I have team mates, in Doom.. I am alone 'n doomed