Top 10 militaries in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for all that!!

1) The americans are now leaving europe - 70'000 serving military and 100'000 non direct staff.

2) to see the two tallest buildings in america falling down-even from 5km i would be scared as i wouldn't know the reason, and shock.

You cant call all americans cowards they aren't, there are many serving military personnel who are going to take offence to that-they are not cowards, and if they are fat then they are not likely to be serving in the military! Russian soldiers are starving in some places - hence the thinness
Russian soldiers lack the morale, and it all depends on the people in the fight you cant just say that all americans will lose!

Shadowalker said:
No need for all that!!

1) The americans are now leaving europe - 70'000 serving military and 100'000 non direct staff.

2) to see the two tallest buildings in america falling down-even from 5km i would be scared as i wouldn't know the reason, and shock.

You cant call all americans cowards they aren't, there are many serving military personnel who are going to take offence to that-they are not cowards, and if they are fat then they are not likely to be serving in the military! Russian soldiers are starving in some places - hence the thinness
Russian soldiers lack the morale, and it all depends on the people in the fight you cant just say that all americans will lose!

I know that not all americans are cowards.
and what you said about some russian soldiers living in bad conditions that's also true. but what i ment to say is that Russian are all very fit and very strong, but if you look at america you will see that there are many fat troops (not fit) serving.
And about the morale, I don't think that america's moral in iraq is high.

You wont find fat troops in the front line though! (i hope not - im not american but i dont think they would allow that.)
I dont know what the morale is like in iraq - ask some of the other members they might of been to iraq or know someone there!

Shadowalker said:
You wont find fat troops in the front line though! (i hope not - im not american but i dont think they would allow that.)
I dont know what the morale is like in iraq - ask some of the other members they might of been to iraq or know someone there!

I am sure that there are fat troops on the front, or at least not 100% fit troops.

Yep, we have "fat" troops in morale. :D
As for the cowards, I already explained you in the locked thread, try reading some.

Now what happened when that bomb blew in Russian metro? Or that Operahouse siege?
Especially in that metro blow, everyone were scared, like there was devil himself afterthem! And that reaction is quite logical!
Greatest skyscreapers in America were destroyed that day! That was the first Attack on American soil! I was scared just watching it on TV! And I'm not afraid to say that! I cried, I'm not afraid to say that! But after that I am ready to fight for America on Mars if needed! I am willing to die for American causes! :cen:

I think we have a little coltureclash here....Anyways, Guy100, the US frontline trrops are not "fat"...Trust me, ive seen em up close.

wow..things must have changed in the two yeara i got out...they are allowing fat people again. (sigh) what they did in my time was make them lightened up or get out of the military.

the last five years in...its was a constant watch what you ate, run and exercise battle to maintain weight standards to stay in. wasnt any fat soldiers around me... :D

fat soldiers...grumble grumble grumble... :D

Maybe I don't understand you americans, because in Israel a terrorist attack is a part of every days life.
maybe it's different in america?
maybe your not used to these kind of attacks?
maybe thats why you react like that.

well anyway sorry if I hert some once feelings.
lets just stop arguing and be friends again, ok?

This was such a silly post, I debated on whether or not I would reply. I decided that perhaps you could learn something by seeing your ignorance for what it is.

Guy100 said:
You americans don't make any sence.
some news program made a servey and found out that most of the people living in europe want america to close thier military bases in europe and go back home to america.
what I mean is, that no body want's you anymore.

Provide the news program and a link to the survey. US military bases in Europe add to the economy, they may not be liked, but they will certainly be missed.

And you americans are cowards.
I will explane why:
for example when the 9/11 attack occured, I saw people that where like 5 km from the WTS runing around and screaming like they are right under the building that is going to colapse.

Show proof. I highly doubt you saw people 5km from the WTC "running around and screaming." News programs showed the incidents as they occured/were occurring. You have been caught in a lie, young man.
ofcorse the fire fighters where brave, but many of these fire fighters where from other countries.

This has to be one of the most ignorant things you have said. Let's be honest, you have no idea what the ratio is between immigrants and US born citizens serve with the FDNY. I can safely say the majority are American born. However, I am certain it would be no trouble to find out. Shall I give you the contact numbers?

another example is when there is no electrisity;
when that happens you americans start panicing like a nuclear war has just started. Here in Israel, it's part of every days life.

A city packed with people like sardines loses power. It is hot, people die from heat exhaustion/overheating, people become agitated and angry in extreme heat .. the potential for violence to erupt is a huge risk. Riots are not a pretty thing, innocents tend to die in those. What if the power had gone out in the winter? Many would freeze to death. I could go on, but hopefully, at this point - you are seeing the ridiculousness of your statement. Logic boy, use it.

also if you compare an american soldier to a Russian soldier, you will see that the american soldier is fat compare to the Russian soldier.
that's why an american soldier doesn't stand a chance in a one on one battle, with a Russian or a German soldier.

When were you in service with Russian soldiers to know so much about their physicality's? When were you in service with American soldiers to know so much about their physicality's? Does calling someone fat in 2nd level primary make them cry? That doesn't really work here, son.

Unless you have actual time in ANY military, and I do not mean when you get together with your friends and carry sticks around while playing "Cold War: The Outbreak," you really can't state with certainty anything about the Russian or United States militaries.

Maybe I don't understand you americans, because in Israel a terrorist attack is a part of every days life.
maybe it's different in america?
maybe your not used to these kind of attacks?
maybe thats why you react like that.

Tell me, when was the last time your two largest sky scrapers were hit with two very large planes carrying very large amounts of fuel and civilians. While another very large plane carrying the same hits the military heart of your capital? When later, another plane, intended for another important target within your country's capital is crashed into a field thanks to the efforts of a few "fat cowards" whom decided to save a few more hundred lives? All in one day!

Are you honestly trying to tell us this is an every day event in Israel? That, this occurs and you simply shrug and say "Oh, another day, another high planned simultaneous terrorist attack resulting in the deaths of thousands of civilians - pass the potatoes please."

It is easy to sit behind a computer and make asinine comments, but it's twice as hard when you're required to say them to the faces of those you harbour such ignorant bigotry towards. In truth, you would say nothing to the faces of those you so casually and blindly demean - because you, dear boy, are the only coward here.

Have a very merry day! :D

I will take a historical perspective on this topic and there were many throughout history, but in my opinion, here are a few of the later ones.......

Spain 1516
France 1811
Britain 1922
Germany 1940
USA (Brown Boot Army) 1944
Israel 1976 USA 1991
USA 2003

I've removed (most of) the off-topic posts now.

Guy100 has been temporary banned since he has failed several times to follow the forum rules and paid no attention to the Moderators/Admins warnings!

Uncle_Sam, please calm down as well, and take some time to read the forum rules (pay special attention to the parts about flaming and sarcastic replies!)!
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1469

Unlocking this topic now, you may continue ON-topic from now on..

Thanks.

@Flyingfrog,

Comrade hello from Turkey, :D
I have a guestion for you.Have you ever any info on whether
four of Us-Kidd class DDGs are delivered to Taiwan or not?

Regards

I suppose it depends on what you would qualify as "most powerful". China has a reasonably well equipped army that is absolutely mostrous, but they lack the naval and diplomatic power to deliver it against non-bordering nations. The Russian Army is numerically strong in every category, but they couldn't solve Chechnia for over a decade and seem to lack morale and purpose. Still, BE AFRAID if someone manages to give that juggernaut a direction and solve their economic mess. The US is not the numerically strongest Army, but it is the second largest in that department, and they have the diplomatic and naval strength to deliver that army to anywhere in the world. They are the best because they are well trained, have solid motivation and know how to use their superior equipment effectively. They are the only army in the same size category that has all those advantages on their side. Nobody poses a real threat to the US Navy's superiority on the oceans, which is their trump card. So my list would be:
1.) USA
2.) China
3.) Russia + other former Soviet Union nations (mostly based on potential power)
4.) United Kingdom
5.) North Korea
6.) Israel
7.) France
it would be various different European nations and Australia from there. Can't think of a decent basis to rank them.

Granted on that one. Reason I ranked North Korea higher is on numbers and overall threat to the world, etc, but I'm not 100% on them being in the right order. Can you give me a numerical comparison for the two? Obviously, Israel is better equipped and better trained.

I dontr know about the N. Koreans, But the IDF has about 220000 regulars, and can moblize more than 500000 reserves in 48-72 houres....The IDF also has somewhere in the region of 3000 MBTs, of the improved M60(Magach) and Merkava types. I really dont see the N. Koreans matching that....

As I said, I already know that Israel has better gear. Yeah, you're right, in a war between the two, Israel would win certainly. Of course, both are very limitted by hostile surrounding nations, Israel to a greater degree.

Russia would probably be the greatest threat if they got organized. The USA probably has the most advanced army in the world (that we know of) but they're not really much of a threat if they tried to take over the world for example.

I'd probably have to agree with godofthunder in terms of superiority in numbers and equipment, but in the order of greatest threat it would have to be:

1.China
2.Russia
3.USA
4.UK
5.Israel
6.N.Korea

Russia isn't that big threat, they don't have money, there are two times less Russians than Americans, and the US has the most advanced Armed Forces.... So I wouldn't agree with You :D

xman said:
@Flyingfrog,

Comrade hello from Turkey, :D
I have a guestion for you.Have you ever any info on whether
four of Us-Kidd class DDGs are delivered to Taiwan or not?

Regards

Sorry for the late reply, I was in Greece watching Turkey got big Golds from WeightLifting :D

The 4 KIDSS are not delivered to Taiwan yet. If they are lucky and things go well, then the delivery would be round 2006.

Taiwan will use the four Kidds to take the place of its seven World War II-era Gearing-class destroyers.

Scavenger said:
Russia would probably be the greatest threat if they got organized. The USA probably has the most advanced army in the world (that we know of) but they're not really much of a threat if they tried to take over the world for example.

I'd probably have to agree with godofthunder in terms of superiority in numbers and equipment, but in the order of greatest threat it would have to be:

1.China
2.Russia
3.USA
4.UK
5.Israel
6.N.Korea

I don't agree with this Threat List.

Certainly China is not a threat to the world peace, in contrast, China will help world towards Peace.

Actually all the above mentioned countries are no threat to the world, except USA , especially their president and his neocon mates :lol:

Regards

Mod Edit: Please stop the back-to-Back posting, use the "edit" button!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back