Top 10 Fighters of the 70s and 80s

aww.. hmm..

I read the whole thread lol... interesting how I didnt see it.. but really, it should never be underestimated 8)

I agree

MightyMacbeth said:
aww.. hmm..

I read the whole thread lol... interesting how I didnt see it.. but really, it should never be underestimated 8)
I agree, that's why I included it on my list.

:avi:

the F-15 eagle definitely takes the 1st position.it's formidable war-bird.but i don't see the SU-27 on any of the list.also,i think the MIG-21 ought to be on the list.i know,it's quite old,but don't 4get that it was very dangerous when it came to close dog-fighting.

My Top 10 (no particular order, and I added an addition ceveat for fun. 1st deliveries in 70's 80's only, (hence aircraft used in the 70's but first delivered in the 60's don't count. Example the F-4, A-4). No particular order.

1. F-15C/E
2. F-16C
3. SU-27
4. Tornado FR1
5. F-14A
6. Mirage 2000
7. MiG-29
8. Saab Viggen
9. Mirage F1
10. F/A-18

Right into the frying pan! surely it must come down to kills to losses? if thats so then F-15 is the Top dog,but theres a dark stalking horse in the pack not considerd.The Royal Navy Sea Harrier FAS1 known to the Argentine airforce as 'The Black Widow' of Falklands war fame deserves to be in with a shout,none lost in air to air combat with the enemy!

Back