took the oath! (Marines)

Good luck, your boot's gonna go in three phases.
It's not as hard as everyone makes it out to be in all honesty, you just have to stay with it, keep your head calm, (that's a very big factor), and be respectful. Good luck and have fun with it :)

Are you kidding me? USMC boot camp and USAF boot camp are a world of difference.
Not trying to bring up some kind of inter service rivalry or anything but that simply is the case. The USMC has got the hardest boot camp out of all the services.
Boot camp is going to mess you up. Stay in shape and stay injury free.
No one has fun at a Marine boot camp. No one.

Congratulations on taking the first little step.

Now you got your whole life to take leaps.

Are you kidding me? USMC boot camp and USAF boot camp are a world of difference.
Not trying to bring up some kind of inter service rivalry or anything but that simply is the case. The USMC has got the hardest boot camp out of all the services.
Boot camp is going to mess you up. Stay in shape and stay injury free.
No one has fun at a Marine boot camp. No one.

LOL all I said was stay with it pretty much, it is the hardest i'm a marine brat and their tech schools were hard as hell too. My stepdad is a tech school trainer and I got to train with them before I went to my basic

Tech school, with the exception of SOI and a few others which are security related, are easy compared to boot camp.

LOL. Yeah I believe theres a Skosh bit o' difference there.

Tech school, with the exception of SOI and a few others which are security related, are easy compared to boot camp.

The ITB at SOI is just an extension of boot ......except they give you a little liberty and the Cadre and troop handlers don't wear smokies.

How did you get to ship so early? My recruiter told me that when I'm done at meps i'll be shipping to boot camp around may 2010!!

Not sure, he(the staff sgt at my recruitment center) said he didn't have to worry about my physical condition; I can run a mile in 6mins and I'm pretty muscular.

My MOS is command and control.

Last edited:
Back