Too Much free time...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Well, I don't know any other place where to put this. I had to much free time today and power tools. Not a good combination.

I treat my truck as if it was a cowboy's horse. While watching AMC (John Wayne Channel) I kept think how sweet it would be to have a gun rack in my current truck. Problem is the windows in that truck doesn't allow me to mount a gun rack like how old 1991 Ford F-150. Sooooooo.... I started thinking and came up with this design.

I had an old GLOCK tactical holster lying around. It fitted a 9mm frame GLOCK with a GLOCK Model 10 Tactical Light. I don't use that holster anymore. But it does fit most of my other pistols because of the huge space for the tactical light.

So now I have a firearm within reach in case the SHTF while I'm driving.

000_0782.jpg

000_0781.jpg

000_0780.jpg

:cowb:

Gotta love the USA and the Great State of Florida!

Last edited:
That is AWESOME. If you could make a kit for various makes/models, and patent it, you could make a fortune.

That's cool, man. Most of my friends have a gun racks in their trucks...most of their guns were stolen. Bandits gonna break the glasses and take the gun. heh....

I thought it was illegal to have a loaded handgun in the driver cab under any circumstances, but I guess that's just New York for ya...

Nice invention for those of us who choose the right side of the law.

Civilians in the Great State of Florida can do the same exact thing that I did.

Last edited:
You Americans keep on surprising me... :) are there any limitations of numbers of weapons allowed carried in a vehicle? What about calibre? I know that would be different from state to state, but here Florida.

A nice holder, you should enter the custom car business.

a loaded weapon comes into question under Conceal/Carry laws in LA, which, if I recall, are state-mandated and not federal. So it depends.

Back