Tomorrow When The War Began

Just to give a brief, spoiler free summary of what the movie is about:

A bunch of teenagers living in a town go on a camping trip, and while they are there a invasion is launched on Australia (It is not known who, but they are definitely Asian forces and are most likely the PLA but with western gear...from what it looks like). When they return to their town, nobody is at home and everyone has been rounded up in the center of town. After seeing what has become of their townsfolk & Australia in general, they start a guerrilla movement to try to get the invaders out of Australia.

There is going to be a sequel, apparently. Its pretty unrealistic and such, but its still a great movie which is definitely worth a watch.

What if for once the invading army was actually a professional fighting force on screen, and all pretenses of abandoning realism were thrown out the window, and the rag tag group of teenagers get iced on the first confrontation scene and the movie ends twenty minutes in.

Is the invasion of Australia? I mean, why would you invade there? And lastly, why would you want to die... I mean invade there?I wouldn't want to pick a fight so far from home, with such an able enemy.

Uranium, coal, oil, natural gas, diamonds, copper, iron ore, bauxite..... I could go on. But if it's in the ground and you're running out of it, we've got it buy the bucket load.

But it could be Musoria! The dreaded peril from the North... They're far worse than Kamaria, but thankfully they always seem to attack areas like Shoalwater Bay and Cultana in 2-3 man groups.

As for the movie, I believe the invasion occurs near Townsville...... Not the smartest SPOD to seize.

Another possible reason for invasion is to use the country as a staging area to launch an attack towards the north providing of course that your invading forces aren't already coming from the north.

Who's South of us? Antarctica?

Last edited:
I'm sure the invaders will keep their leaders safe in the presidential pineapple under the sea. So I am sure the kids will have to steal a rocketship submarine and on a hunch make a perilous journey through dangerous waters and over the waste of the southern continent to find it, all in about 20 to 35 convenient screen play minutes.

Idk, can't really assume that much on the the films play out yet, it maybe actually pretty good, done before, but good, I ll give it ago I suppose.

Back