Toledo Blade - TigerForce

I haven't seen anything recently. I was surprised to read about Hackworth in the site you posted.

I was surprised by the shots the bastards took at him. I had already done the math on Tiger Force being his baby but it was a full year after he was gone before things went astray. They did their best to not make that obvious and to bring up the speculation against him without a factual reference. In my mind it and some other instances of this sort of ad hominem attacks in journalism actually detract from the story and prevent people from taking it as seriously as perhaps they should. The obvious slant in the writing put me off but there were some solid points raised in regards to this being whitewashed or just plain buried and forgotten.

I sort of expect something to be done in light of the warming of relations with Vietnam as a way of shmoozing the Vietnamese. Hence my reason for asking about it.

I agree with your assessment on Hackworth. In my mind he was one of the earliest and brightest minds on how to conduct war against the Viet Cong. Too bad his theories were not listened to and adopted sooner. He had no tolerance for politics and rackateering of the South Vietnamese, but at the same time had praise for those ARVN officers who did thier jobs well in spite of it.

:cens::cens::cens::cens:my comment about The Toldeo Blade, just a yellow paper that run Toledo. The only decent place to is is Tony Paco's cafe

Back