Are today's history textbooks ruining history?? - Page 4

View Poll Results :Are today's history textbooks destroying history??
Yes 17 77.27%
No 3 13.64%
Don't Care 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

October 9th, 2004  
KAMIKAZI

I think the most important topic of all more important than history, more than Religeous education more than Geography more than most subjects and it isnt even glanced upon is 'Philosophy', if philosophy didnt exist, history wouldnt exist and if history and Religeon didnt exist we wouldnt exist and it isnt even looked at as I said. They way humans think and act and fight wars and build empires is all governed by philosophers, and society skips this as if it would be dangerous to them because they think "it would make the people think, and if the people think the politicians get kicked out" so they skip it. which makes me red with anger! children should be taught the truth not politically corect brainwashing material!!!!
October 9th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

An unbiased, thorough understanding of the religion associated with the time period is critical. Philosophy is generally so interwoven with religion and theology that its impossible to understand one without the other. American schools won't teach it that way simply because they're afraid that some idiot atheist will sue them for "separation of church and state". The most important factor would be explaining religion without any appearance of "trying to convert and preach to". I'm not sure whether its even possible, but it should be.
October 16th, 2004  
SFC

I do not believe todays History Books are ruining history no more than they did 40 years ago when I was taking Histoery. I do believe the History Books of today are just that History, unfortunately, the books cannot keep up with history as it changes within hours.

SFC
--
Boots