Tobacco & the military?

I smoke right up until I went to basic and I sure did pay for it. It was the most god awful feeling when you were running..I wasn't the only one though because it was a common sight to see people on the side of the track/road bent over...good times...
I had quit smoking but since I've been over here I started again. You just get so bored sometimes that smoking seems like a good idea. :?

Funny thing most smoking Israelis stated in the army....And about the drinking, it shouldent be allowed on-duty, but in celebrations, events and so on.... :cheers:

Wasn't the taste of blood in your gums the best feeling ever after a 12 klick run in combat gear and just before lighting another one?
What about settling for the pipe at night, whenever you had 5 minutes alone, between 2 and 3 am?
What about rolling your own cigarettes in winter with cold and dirty-wet hands?
Remember: quiting is easy!

I cannot even remember how many times I quit!!! :lol:

Copenhagen is my friend, never lets you down in a pinch. Staple of the US Army.

Tobacco products of any kind are not allowed during initial entry training.

US Smokeless Tobacco sends free dip to US servicemen overseas, and at home. At my unit a case of levi garret and couger just miraculously showed up. Courtesy of the company.

JaegerWolf08 said:
US Smokeless Tobacco sends free dip to US servicemen overseas, and at home. At my unit a case of levi garret and couger just miraculously showed up. Courtesy of the company.

Hot damn! You're a lucky man, Jaeger. :lol:

I quit chewing about once a week (usually on Fridays :lol: ).

to those who said smoking affects your physical performance:

oddly enough, my highest PT score was when I smoked...go figure, huh? :?

I live in Finland and its a pretty much smoker country, am 16 (will be 17 soon) and almost all of my friends smoke i mean it , 80% procent of the school smokes , and you could really see the deffernce then they wasent smoking , now they dont want to do a shit and they only thing they do is to go to mcdonalds. And not only they loses condition they are so on the hook , so they cant stay like 40 minutes without smoking :?

you know how I started using dip, Jaeger? I wasn't allowed to smoke at an FTX I was at, due to it being a tactical environment...so my buddy handed me a pinch of cope...and I've been hooked ever since. I love copenhagen black. :lol:

:lol:
I feel like a drug dealer sometimes, I've got at least half a dozen guys (and one female) to turn into chewers, not actively or anything (ok, I had to work on the female for awhile :lol: ), they just see how cool we look with a wad of leaf in our cheeks and ask to be let into our special club.

Like I said before though, I've never been able to get into dipping, I don't have any lip control, so when I dip I have to put a chewing gum plug on top. :lol: Actually the sugar improves the taste even more.

:lol: Actually it's been done for a looong time, back in high school we would buy a bag of Big League Chew (shredded chewing gum) and mix it with a bag of Redman or Levi (chewing tobacco), and I'm sure we weren't the first to do that, either.

First dip. I had been 17 for two months when i got to my unit. They made me take a dip. I was staggering like a drunk. I quit in Mar 03 and started up again in Mar 04. Copenhagen Long Cut all the way.

What I hate is all the little Skoal dippin pussies who say they dip skoal because copenhagen tastes too much like tobacco, and they say it makes them sick. I got no problem if you prefer skoal, but if you say it is because it tastes better you are a pansy. Skoal is so damn sweet it makes my teeth hurt. It doesn't even taste like tobacco. I they were real men they would dip a real man's dip. Copenhagen. Copenhagen Snuff on the other hand. Only the badass's badass can dip that. I got most of the way through a can before I had to go back to Cope Long.

But with respect to chew, Levi Garrett is the best by far. Once you go garrett you don't go back. Unless its to copenhagen of course.

I actualy chewed up one cigarete when i was a kid.First dip i took yesterday :x
Call me a wuss but never again

JaegerWolf08 said:
But with respect to chew, Levi Garrett is the best by far. Once you go garrett you don't go back. Unless its to copenhagen of course.

i actually picked up some Lancaster last week, never heard of it before but I figured I'd give it a shot, and it's great. Redman Goldleaf is good, too. Beechnut on the other hand is crap, and if you want some real sickly sweet dip, try Grizzly, the smell of that crap almost turns my stomach, it has the sickly sweet smell of rotting fruit.

JaegerWolf08 said:
First dip. I had been 17 for two months when i got to my unit. They made me take a dip. I was staggering like a drunk. I quit in Mar 03 and started up again in Mar 04. Copenhagen Long Cut all the way.

What I hate is all the little Skoal dippin pussies who say they dip skoal because copenhagen tastes too much like tobacco, and they say it makes them sick. I got no problem if you prefer skoal, but if you say it is because it tastes better you are a pansy. Skoal is so damn sweet it makes my teeth hurt. It doesn't even taste like tobacco. I they were real men they would dip a real man's dip. Copenhagen. Copenhagen Snuff on the other hand. Only the badass's badass can dip that. I got most of the way through a can before I had to go back to Cope Long.

Got my Grandmother hooked on Copenhagen Snuff the first time I went home on leave. She loved it.

I do not care for Skoal either, too sweet and hard on the gums.

I heard Copenhagen makes the pouches now? That would really put a damper on putting the used cope back into the tin, shaking it up and giving a pinch to your buddy.

RnderSafe said:
I heard Copenhagen makes the pouches now? That would really put a damper on putting the used cope back into the tin, shaking it up and giving a pinch to your buddy.

Awwww, Sir, that is just not right.

Gotta love re-dip. The only problem with that is it makes the cope taste like ass as you get towards the end of the can.

I know one thing, if terrorists ever destroyed the Copenhagen factory the enitre US Army would be ENFURIATED. God help anyone that steps between a man and his cope. Except HH6 of course, if she steps in god help the rest of us.

Rnder: Your grandmother is one mal hombre.

Back