Toasty

Recce

once an infantry unit in the SADF (South African Defence Force) was laying an ambush. One of the guys was laying a phosporous grenade boobytrap and to be sure he tested if the tripwire worked.....everyone called him Toasy

Hey ou

Miskien moet jy die post afhaal...?

Netnou dink hulle ons hele weermag was so f**** dom! Jy weet mos hulle weet amper niks van ons af nie.

Dink daaroor...

Dang!

People, you have to keep it civil. I dont know this langauge, but i can see some foul words. So, I deleted some of it.

capeboer said:
Hey ou

Miskien moet jy die post afhaal...?

Netnou dink hulle ons hele weermag was so f**** dom! Jy weet mos hulle weet amper niks van ons af nie.

Dink daaroor...

baie van die mense was baie dom. My pa het nou die dag gesê dat in die opleiding moes hulle amper elke dag gaan soek vir gewere wat die ouens verloor het.

Was jy in die weermag?

PS

Ek kom van Bellville. En na skool wil ek 'n Recce wees.

Please do a short translation, or I will delete the posts...

Don't like it when I can't understand it, always get the feeling that people are talking about me then.. ;)

baie van die mense was baie dom. My pa het nou die dag gesê dat in die
many from/of the men were very dumb. Me ? had? now the day said that in the

opleiding moes hulle amper elke dag gaan soek vir gewere wat die ouens
education makes? them almost all day go look for war what the always

verloor het.
lose it.

Was jy in die weermag?
Were you in the Army?

I only had 2 semesters of german, so this is the best I can do. WTF are you saying? :D

I believe that is Afrikaans, correct? It is very close to the Deutsch though (kind of like Italian and Spanish):lol: .

baie van die mense was baie dom. My pa het nou die dag gesê dat in die
many of the men were very dumb. My father said the other day that in the

opleiding moes hulle amper elke dag gaan soek vir gewere wat die ouens
training almost everyday they had to go and look for rifles that

verloor het.
were lost.

Was jy in die weermag?
Were you in the Army?

Ok

OK, but you all have to keep your langauge clean. I know there was some filthy words in those posts. (Still acting like im a moderator ;) )....

Hmmm. If I'd translated "rifle" correctly (and I SHOULD HAVE, sturmgewehr), That would have made sense. Sweet. I THOUGHT "Pa" was dad, but it seemed to obvious, so I skipped it.

:lol: Well when I went to Italy, i was able to read most of the graffiti without knowing Italian because I knew (or was supposed to know :lol: ) Spanish. The bad words are the same :lol: . Actually, I was able to stumple my way through signs and a couple magazines just based off of my experiences with the Espanol, so I came to the conclusion the Italian and Spanish were very similar languages.

Oh ok ok.... I just thought you meant Afrikaans was close to Italian!!! Now I got it : you meant Afrikaans close to German or dutch just like Spanish to Italian. Well thats rite indeed: Espanol is very close to my language, but we almost never end words with consonants. Always vowels. Oh and we dont withdraw from wars. :evil:

Back