tips on joining?

paintballmatt33

I'm 16 years old and would love to join the military,but i dont really know what i should be doing to prepare for the military. So does anybody have any tips on what i should be doing. All I've really been doing is exercising getting into shape.What i would like to do more than anything in the military is to be a navy seal. So is there a certain thing that i should study on more than another to be a navy seal? Or any other tips to be prepared for military?

Continue to stay in shape....I mean really stay in shape. Stay in school and do the best you can with your studies. Additionally, stay away from drugs and booze. Do some reading about the Navy traditions and the history of the Seals. Enjoy your time in HS and become mentally focused on your future.

What you consider in shape, is not even close so find a recruiter near you and get some suggestions from them. I have 2 healthy big sons in the Army and they thought they were in shape too before they got to basic. Haha turns out nope they weren't.
Do your very best at school and yes do not do anything stupid that could be put on your record. Stay healthy. Any broken bones could hinder your getting in. Good luck on your future.

damn that really depresses me. i quit i highschool and was just planning on getting the college time you need to join.

and i know im no where near bein in shape

If you need help I have passed a combatdiving school based on the BUD/s program.
Or you could just go ahead and listen to people guesstemating, your call.

Armywm, what´s your unit?
While I think it´s jim dandy you trying to help out and all, try not to spread guesses in this forum.
This particular forum is for people asking people with experience for advice on all kinds of topics.

//KJ.

If you need help I have passed a combatdiving school based on the BUD/s program.
Or you could just go ahead and listen to people guesstemating, your call.

Armywm, what´s your unit?
While I think it´s jim dandy you trying to help out and all, try not to spread guesses in this forum.
This particular forum is for people asking people with experience for advice on all kinds of topics.

//KJ.

This response.

Not sure what guesses you are talking about. I have a hubby and 2 sons in active duty and one broke an ankle severely as a child and was almost denied entrance. So I'd say I have a little experience. :}

Not sure what guesses you are talking about. I have a hubby and 2 sons in active duty and one broke an ankle severely as a child and was almost denied entrance. So I'd say I have a little experience. :}

Go read the ROE's for this section.

Ahh ok, my bad then, where were the broken ankle a problem exactly?
A school? BUD/s? SQT?
Would have been worse to be colorblind as that is an automatic DQ..Amongst other things.

Edit: adressed.

//KJ sends..

Last edited:
Or I could just stop visiting this forum. I have had 3 different people be not very welcoming so I believe I will just move on and leave it to you experts.

That might be a loss to this forum as I am sure you could have valuble insight into being a military spouse.
All that wisdom could come in handy at any other subforum on this board.
The ROE,s for this subforum however are quite clear.

And thank you for recognizing my SME status on this particular topic.

// KJ sends...

Do what YOU wanna do, but at the same time, keep in mind if your not going to be a lifer, you might as well do something thats marketable in the real world, milk it for all it's worth, then transfer to 1st Civ Div.

Good advice.
Your military career can come to a sudden, abrupt and unexpected end. Even if it doesn't involve death.

Back