Tiny Tibet feels squeeze from giant neighbors - Page 2

--
Tiny Tibet feels squeeze from giant neighbors

September 5th, 2005  
Italian Guy

So how come is that that a lot of priests and bishops are in jail in China? Man, a priest has been arrested today. The Pope cannot visit Moscow. I cannot write what I think on Chinese newspapers. There is nothing like a fair judicial system. There are not free political party I can be part of and run for election. I cannot question the authority of the Regime. I cannot run a free search on Google in China. I have no access to all the information I look for.
Come on, Warmachine, even Boobies said I was right on all of those points.
September 5th, 2005  
WARmachine88

Can pope appoint a priest for a England church? can you just go into a party and run for election (without some connections or money to back you up)? can you get all the information you want in U.S (like all the secrets of Iraqi war)?

every nation limits its citizen's rights and freedom. No nation is perfect, unless you are perfect, dont critisize others.
September 5th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARmachine88
Can pope appoint a priest for a England church? can you just go into a party and run for election (without some connections or money to back you up)? can you get all the information you want in U.S (like all the secrets of Iraqi war)?

every nation limits its citizen's rights and freedom. No nation is perfect, unless you are perfect, dont critisize others.
So in your view depriving the citizens of their own freedom of speech for decades is just as deprecable as not having access to sensitive military information in a time of war?
Are you somewhat implying that Chinese and Americans enjoy the same amount of freedom?
--
September 5th, 2005  
WARmachine88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Quote:

So in your view depriving the citizens of their own freedom of speech for decades is just as deprecable as not having access to sensitive military information in a time of war?
Are you somewhat implying that Chinese and Americans enjoy the same amount of freedom?
ok friend, let's talk about a story first:
two soldiers ran away from battlefield. one run away like 50 yards, another run away like 80 yards, the 50 yards guy laughed at the 80 yards guy saying the latter is a coward since he is deserting farer away.
They are just all cowards and distance does not make one of them less cowardly than another.

The situation on freedom and rights are like that too. This nation may enjoy more freedom than that nation does, but no nation grants its citizen total freedom and does not limit the rights of an individual.

It is just "blind love of democracy" if you say how great one nations' freedom and rights are bla bla bla even though its citizens are not told of truth of many things --- such as the WMD in iraq.
September 5th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ok friend, let's talk about a story first:
two soldiers ran away from battlefield. one run away like 50 yards, another run away like 80 yards, the 50 yards guy laughed at the 80 yards guy saying the latter is a coward since he is deserting farer away.
They are just all cowards and distance does not make one of them less cowardly than another.

The situation on freedom and rights are like that too. This nation may enjoy more freedom than that nation does, but no nation grants its citizen total freedom and does not limit the rights of an individual.

It is just "blind love of democracy" if you say how great one nations' freedom and rights are bla bla bla even though its citizens are not told of truth of many things --- such as the WMD in iraq.
I believe we are told the truth about WMD, it takes some blindness not to see it. I believe a country with 90 % of all possible freedom and democracy is way better than a country with an horrendous record of mass murdering torturing and jailing and killing its own peopel by the dozens of millions and a 13 % of all freedom and democracy possibly achievable, and I would stand by the former. They are not equal to me. The USA and PRC are not equal in my eyes.
September 5th, 2005  
WARmachine88

[quote="Italian Guy"][quote="WARmachine88"]
Quote:
I believe we are told the truth about WMD, it takes some blindness not to see it. I believe a country with 90 % of all possible freedom and democracy is way better than a country with an horrendous past and a 13 % of freedom and democracy, and I would stand by the former. They are not equal to me. The USA and PRC are not equal in my eyes.
sure you were told the truth about WMD, and where is it?

If you think U.S grants you 90% freedom, then you are not truly looking into your heart and ask yourself are you getting everything you want.

as an ordinary citizen, frankly speaking, you are nothing but a number in the government file and one single vote in an election. a few times in your life you get to make a pretty much effectless decision (like vote) and rest of the time you have to let less than 1% of the population to make decisions big or small, you like or not, for you. That is the reality.

I understand that few want to accpet this bural fact, so I advise you to make yourself feel better than listening to the government propaganda like "your vote is important ( 1 in 100 million is important in term of probability?)" or "you are the boss of the nation (calculate a bit who pays whom more, who is the boss, CIA or you").
September 5th, 2005  
Italian Guy

[quote="WARmachine88"][quote="Italian Guy"]
Quote:
Quote:
I believe we are told the truth about WMD, it takes some blindness not to see it. I believe a country with 90 % of all possible freedom and democracy is way better than a country with an horrendous past and a 13 % of freedom and democracy, and I would stand by the former. They are not equal to me. The USA and PRC are not equal in my eyes.
sure you were told the truth about WMD, and where is it?

If you think U.S grants you 90% freedom, then you are not truly looking into your heart and ask yourself are you getting everything you want.

as an ordinary citizen, frankly speaking, you are nothing but a number in the government file and one single vote in an election. a few times in your life you get to make a pretty much effectless decision (like vote) and rest of the time you have to let less than 1% of the population to make decisions big or small, you like or not, for you. That is the reality.

I understand that few want to accpet this bural fact, so I advise you to make yourself feel better than listening to the government propaganda like "your vote is important ( 1 in 100 million is important in term of probability?)" or "you are the boss of the nation (calculate a bit who pays whom more, who is the boss, CIA or you").
Ok, you're right, boss, the US, Switzerland, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, North Korea and Cuba are identical in terms of freedom and democracy. Sure.
September 5th, 2005  
WARmachine88

unless you see heaven.

they are just as miserable compared to heaven.
September 5th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
unless you see heaven.

Ok sure
September 5th, 2005  
WARmachine88

Quote:
Quote:
unless you see heaven.

Ok sure
ya, believe in ur government, YOU ARE THE BOSS!!! YOU ARE important!!