"Throw Grandma Under The Bus" - Page 2

--
"Throw Grandma Under The Bus"

March 25th, 2008  
Del Boy

The point is that parenthood is the greatest vocation in the world, surpassing all in importance, ahead of priesthood.
March 25th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Unfortunately there is much dereliction of duty.
March 25th, 2008  
Del Boy

That's why we have so many damaged kids.
--
March 28th, 2008  
mmarsh

People who think that Black people making excuses are clearly not black themselves. Although some people might use slavery/race as an excuse, the fact of the matter is that black people, more than any other minority (with the possible exception of native Americans) have a particularly tough time in America. Some of us might not like Affirmative Action, (I view it a necessary evil) but the fact of the matter is if we didn't have it blacks would be out of the workforce (except for black owned businesses), out of the best schools, out of everything important in society. They would be totally disenfranchised in America from education to economics. Make no mistake, segregation isn't dead its just underground.

Its a nice dream to thing a person should be judged on merit and not on race, but we are nowhere near that yet. Just try as a black person to get a bank loan, or life insurance, or a white collar job or even walk down the street or drive an expensive car without a cop checking you out.

Sooner or later we are going to have to give blacks and Latinos a better chance in white dominated society, because in 20 years there will be more of them than there will be of us, and thats when things could get...ugly.
March 28th, 2008  
A Can of Man

I've seen plenty of African Americans who have the ability to get by this stuff and they're the ones who have the discipline to do it. I'm sure going back, their ancestors were once slaves too. Everyone's got a excuse.
Get it done.