Threads in this section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Why are threads in this section constantly under review? Some I can understand, but others are harmless. Some that get "locked for review" are there to generate debate. If you don't want debate, then get rid of the Political Discussions section of the forum.

That's what I was thinking... Any time you talk about politics people are bound to get riled up, but most folks on Milforms know where the line is. And if not, well we do have moderators.

I have been away a few days, so I am unfamiliar with the examples you give. But in theory I agree with you.

To possibly set some minds at ease, "under review" does not mean permanently closed. However, continuing to post threads with the same content as the one under review, doesn't help much.
Sorry to burst any conspiracy bubbles but that's all it means folks.

I must admit, I was amazed, in view of some of the stuff that has been posted recently. I though perhaps something had been posted and removed that I never saw.

I can't see that anyone could argue against the fact that, holding a perfectly valid thread under review certainly looks like bias.

Last edited:
"under review" means in most cases that we're (the staff) are discussing what to do about the whole thread or one or more posts in that thread, and as Top also said, opening one or more threads about the exact same thing as the one under review isn't a very good idea.. :smil:
And no, we do NOT censor anything, as long as the thread/posts stays within the forum rules...
(and as far as I can see we don't have many locked threads in this section at all??)

And I'm REALLY looking forward to the end of November by the way.. :p

ok... i have a question... has a thread that has been under review ever opened back up?

because I am still waiting for the thread where we would post pictures of women in the military to be "reviewed" or "reopened"

OK, if you don't want me to say anything more about the election, I'll stick to the history forums.

Last edited:
Errol, you never broke any rule that I can find, and the Pro McCain people are pretty handy at "reporting" the news. If someone has reported your post, I'd like to hear the reason given, and I'd say the same if it were the other way around. Is there some reason why 'Both" sides cannot be reported on?

Last edited:
It's a mystery. Maybe they have but we'll never know.

Anyhow, the WW2 threads are very interesting and safe enough I think!

ok... i have a question... has a thread that has been under review ever opened back up?
Yes, many threads that are temp locked are opened within a few hours when more moderators have been online commentet on it.
And the thread in question has also been opened, as Top said above (the second one stays locked since it's about the exact same thing)

Errol, you never broke any rule that I can find, and the Pro McCain people are pretty handy at "reporting" the news. If someone has reported your post, I'd like to hear the reason given, and I'd say the same if it were the other way around. Is there some reason why 'Both" sides cannot be reported on?
The main reason why a thread gets locked is because one or several members have reported it and the staff member is unsure whether it's a rule violation or not and waiting for more input from the rest of the staff.
Reasons for the report are stricktly between the reporting member and the staff and wont be made public (for reasons I hope you understand).
And threads/posts from "both" sides can of course be reported IF you belive it's violating the forum rules..

Most of the threads in here are about very hot topics that tends to get reported A LOT, so I kindly ask you to please be patient with us and understand that this really isn't a very fun section to moderate, especially not right now and until mid November..
At least 70%-80% of all reported posts are from the political forums alone right now... :?

The main reason why a thread gets locked is because one or several members have reported it and the staff member is unsure whether it's a rule violation or not and waiting for more input from the rest of the staff.
Reasons for the report are stricktly between the reporting member and the staff and wont be made public (for reasons I hope you understand).
And "both" sides can of course be reported IF you belive it's violating the forum rules..

Most of the threads in here are about very hot topics that tends to get reported A LOT, so I kindly ask you to please be patient with us and understand that this really isn't a very fun section to moderate, especially not right now and until mid November..
At least 70%-80% of all reported posts are from the political forums alone right now... :?
Thank you Red,... and yes, I do understand very clearly.

My grizzle was because no one had said anything when the flood was running the other way, and I see this type of behaviour as very childish. My view is, that if people wish to "Dish it out" they must expect a little in return. (My View entirely)

I do not need an answer as I fully understand the rules of this forum and appreciate your position and the problems associated with moderating such a subject.

Spike.

The last section in my post there were ment for all members, and not just you by the way.. :smil:

Being a mod (and admin.. ;) ) can sometimes be a very ungrateful job since in many/most cases, no matter what you do, there will always be someone who disagrees with your decisions and calls you biased..
But I just have to add that I'm very impressed on how the moderators in here handle their job and (tries) to be 100% neutral all of the time, especially since many of the topics are about things they have a personal relation to.
Sometimes we do of course make mistakes, but the next time some of you feel that we're being biased then please try to imagine how you would react in many of the situations we have in here and see if you would be any less "biased" (one way or the other)...
/rant over.. :smil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back