Threads not refreshing themselves

mmarsh

Is this just me?

The last two days I noticed something odd. I posted a message but when i return to the threads list the 'last post' shows the previous poster. For example Redleg posts a message, I reply, but the thread list on the main page is showing Redleg as the last poster. This eventually changes but the delay is long.

This is happening both on my home and office PC, I am using the same browser (opera 9) on both.

Is anybody else experiancing this?

Last edited:
I don't notice it on IE or Firefox, so it could be the Opera cache causing it??
I'll check later tonight.

Redleg said:
I don't notice it on IE or Firefox, so it could be the Opera cache causing it??
I'll check later tonight.

Im certains it related to the browser. Istealfreefood is correct, hitting the BACK button prevokes the error. This seems to be native to Opera, I didnt have this issue with FireFox and I only recently switched from firefox to opera, It defintatly seems to be a problem with the browser.

I noticed something else too with Opera, when I use the BOLD/highlight etc commands I am given the text symbols for it, it doesnt simply Bold/Italic it automatically. It didnt do this with Firefox.

I think I need to play with the browser settings...

Last edited:
Well I do not hit the back button while browsing this forum but the time delay for updates in the threads is still very very long. When logging back in I have to reload the pages in the specific threads to get the updates visible.

Does the forum use cookies to track visitors and contents update for the user? If so, then the cookie handling in Opera 9(+) is really bad as I notice similar problems with other webpages that keep track of their visitors (both login, non login) on enterprise/corporate level with three different computers with different security setup, but all running an version 9(+) of Opera.

Last edited:
It uses cookies, but I have no problems in IE or FireFox so it might be an Opera problem...

It is an Opera problem. The threads are not refreshing themselves when hitting the 'BACK' command. I switched back to firefox, and the problem immediatly dissappeared.

Back