Thoughts on the Russo-Ukranian War?

None of them are fit to lead. Can't the Americans find any better than these two?

NATO countries that reach 2% or more have increased from 7 to 11 so they are responding to the war in Ukraine.
I agree but if the choice is a well meaning octogenarian with diminished faculties running the world or a 77 year old delusional narcissist who hasn't got the mental where with all to keep his lies in check, I will take the octogenarian.

To quote Queen, "Another one bites the dust"...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I agree but if the choice is a well meaning octogenarian with diminished faculties running the world or a 77 year old delusional narcissist who hasn't got the mental where with all to keep his lies in check, I will take the octogenarian.
Another thought about it. To have these two president candidates says more about the Americans than it says about these two.

Ukraine has a new chief of staff, do they use that term? Anyway, a new General, with a different approach. He seems to want to use the indirect approach (attacking Russian logistical hubs, infrastructure etc) instead of counter offensives.

The Ukrainian war hasn't been a successful war for the Russian navy

Another thought about it. To have these two president candidates says more about the Americans than it says about these two.

Ukraine has a new chief of staff, do they use that term? Anyway, a new General, with a different approach. He seems to want to use the indirect approach (attacking Russian logistical hubs, infrastructure etc) instead of counter offensives.

The Ukrainian war hasn't been a successful war for the Russian navy
I think it is the smart approach, if Ukraine can conserve its strength while inflicting proportionally higher casualties on the Russians while focusing on Russian logistics they may be in a better position to counter attack in 2025 with better gear.

Hopefully by then Europe's arms industry will ramp up and be able to provide enough ammunition to compensate for America's games.

Seems Orban has issues of his own...

I think it is the smart approach, if Ukraine can conserve its strength while inflicting proportionally higher casualties on the Russians while focusing on Russian logistics they may be in a better position to counter attack in 2025 with better gear.

Hopefully by then Europe's arms industry will ramp up and be able to provide enough ammunition to compensate for America's games.

Seems Orban has issues of his own...

I agree. Ukraine cannot be successful in this kind of war with Russia. I hope the Europeans can provide Ukraine with weapons and ammunition. They really need artillery munition and advanced drones.

Orban has some issues. He has a choice, to stay in NATO or leave. He doesn't want to leave EU because he needs EU

Navalny is in the forever sleep and Ukraine has bilateral defense treaty with Germany to produce artillery shells.
The Navalny thing is interesting as many think it is Putin feeling insecure.

As for the shells, quite honestly the major military powers of Europe should feel embarrassed by its inability to produce the 1,000,000 shell target they set themselves especially since a country as small as the Czech Republic can find 800,000 on their own.

It makes you wonder whether the west it trying at all.

The Navalny thing is interesting as many think it is Putin feeling insecure.

As for the shells, quite honestly the major military powers of Europe should feel embarrassed by its inability to produce the 1,000,000 shell target they set themselves especially since a country as small as the Czech Republic can find 800,000 on their own.

It makes you wonder whether the west it trying at all.
I agree, the European NATO countries need to step up. Russia has stepped up its production of arms and seems to recover from the losses in Ukraine much faster than anticipated.

I agree, the European NATO countries need to step up. Russia has stepped up its production of arms and seems to recover from the losses in Ukraine much faster than anticipated.
The NATO failure is with its European "power" countries, Germany and France predominantly, sure they can throw money at a problem and buy equipment for Ukraine but they still haven't got their act together and started to build and supply any of this gear themselves.

I can't imagine what sort of mess Europe would have been had Putin directly attacked the west as two years into this war NATOs mainstays are still messing around trying to figure out whether they are going to do something.

By comparison you have the smaller states going as much as they can.

Sweden provides Ukraine with more stuff. I have said it before and I say it again. It is better to provide Ukraine with defense systems than giving them money.

Sweden provides Ukraine with more stuff. I have said it before and I say it again. It is better to provide Ukraine with defense systems than giving them money.

I am not suggesting Ukraine be given truck loads of money but instead countries/companies look at building plants in Ukraine to provide material direct to Ukraine and in the future back into NATO, it would no different to Toyota opening a plant in Ukraine to manufacture Toyota's for Ukraine only for example replace Toyota with BAE Systems AB and make the CV-90 in Ukraine.

I am not suggesting Ukraine be given truck loads of money but instead countries/companies look at building plants in Ukraine to provide material direct to Ukraine and in the future back into NATO, it would no different to Toyota opening a plant in Ukraine to manufacture Toyota's for Ukraine only for example replace Toyota with BAE Systems AB and make the CV-90 in Ukraine.
I agree with the defense companies setting up shops in Ukraine. You have suggested it before, haven't you? It will make the logistics much easier.

I agree with the defense companies setting up shops in Ukraine. You have suggested it before, haven't you? It will make the logistics much easier.
Yes I have suggested it many times before especially for ammunition production because it would both improve logistics and remove the political fecklessness from the west.
I think if I were the Ukrainian government I would be going directly to arms manufacturers with the best deals I could put together to get them to open up shop in Ukraine, incidentally I read Norway is allowing Ukraine to buy arms directly from their manufacturers...

Seems this would speed things up a lot as well.

So two years down how many to go...
Where do we see this going, will Russia stop at the Ukrainian border (if it can get there at all), the Baltic states seem convinced they and Moldova are next, now Russia is making threats toward Georgia and Armenia again?
France today stated that a scenario where French troops going to Ukraine is not out of the question.
With the USA giving up its leadership of the west so it can become a Handmaidens Tale theme park who is going to pick up that mantle, the Germans are too timid, UK apparently hasn't got the capability to send a suitable force overseas, no one buy French military power so who is left Poland?

Transnistria has asked for Russian "protection" so Moldava is probably next. Ukraine really needs help to get the munition to flow again. But I doubt the Russians can muster enough of force to make a major breakthrough

Transnistria has asked for Russian "protection" so Moldava is probably next. Ukraine really needs help to get the munition to flow again. But I doubt the Russians can muster enough of force to make a major breakthrough
I think it is time for some coordination between Ukraine and Moldova and attempt to retake the region, hell maybe this is one area where Europe could help and station troops on Moldova.

As for munitions, 80 years ago the Germans were experts and building underground factories, a large underground ammunition facility might be just what Ukraine needs.

The Russians don't need to muster significant force nor do the need a major breakthrough.
We can assume Putin doesn't care how many Russians die nor does he care how fast it moves, he will be more than happy to lose a couple of million while they walk to Lviv at 1km a month.
The fact the pace of the Russian advance is less blitzkrieg and more like rust on a SAAB doesn't bother him at all which is why we need to give Ukraine the tools and skills to retake territory not just defend it.

I think western leaders are still misjudging this conflict, they are still expecting sanity to kick in and a negotiated peace will ensue when Putin wants the lot (which is why the justifications keep changing) and is not interested in ending it.

It is why we need to genuinely pick a side and go all in with the support and not this half arsed approach where nations with bugger all to give are giving everything they have and nations with more than enough procrastinate and play politics.

Back