I thought some people here might get a kick out of this

--
Boots

December 27th, 2004  
r031Button

Topic: I thought some people here might get a kick out of this

This is a joke done by Rick Mercer, a Canadian commedian, about the sorry state of our forces. Anyways I hope you just like it. http://www.cbc.ca/mondayreport/video...greetings.html
December 27th, 2004  
Big_Z

Lol, good one.
December 28th, 2004  
rotc boy

niiiiiice
--
Boots
December 28th, 2004  
rOk

The last sentence is absolutely hilarious.
December 28th, 2004  
Charge 7

I can grasp what those troops are feeling. I can remember the shock I felt when I left the regulars and joined the National Guard and found myself using equipment older than I was. Fortunately no longer the case long since in this state at least. Fairly sure the same for all the rest. Though I have heard reports in the media about dated equipment still being an issue for Guardsmen deployed to Iraq. I have no firsthand knowledge of that so I'd be interested to hear from anyone who does know something about it.
December 29th, 2004  
r031Button

The sad thing is that those are our regulars...actually some of the new kit we have isn't bad, it just takes a bloody long time to filter down the chain. Case in point; the cold weather stuff I'm just getting is actually out of date; it should be in CADPAT not OD:P...Mind you I'm still wearing Oliver Drabs right now....no fancy uniform for me