Thompson Would Aid Iranian Revolution

phoenix80

Banned
Thompson Would Aid Iranian Revolution

May 28, 2007
The Associated Press
tennessean.com

IRVING, Texas -- Former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson, the actor considering a White House bid, said Friday he favors helping the Iranian people overthrow the government of Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad if the chance arises. Thompson accused Tehran of "playing a larger part in killing our soldiers" in neighboring Iraq. Many Iranians don't like their government, "and I think we ought to capitalize on that," Thompson told The Associated Press. "There is a chance they may mobilize themselves, and we need to assist them if that happens."

Some public opinion polls show Thompson registering in the double digits even though he hasn't announced his political plans. On Friday, he deflected questions about a White House run.

"I have a general idea in my mind" about the timing of a decision, the former Tennessee senator said, "but I'm not discussing it right now."

Thompson and former Sen. Bill Bradley, D-N.J., spoke to about 100 guests invited by Electronic Data Systems Corp. at the company's professional golf tournament.

Bradley, who ran for president in 2000, tweaked his former Senate colleague a couple times about the White House flirtation.
link to original article

I would vote for him. He is absolutely right too. I don't like how we are sitting back and letting them do whatever they'd like in efforts to attack our troops.

Back