The Third Intifada is underway

G4S to end Israeli jail contracts within three years.

After that another company will take over. So what's the problem?

G4S to end Israeli jail contracts within three years.

After that another company will take over. So what's the problem?

Not sure I would put money on that as most high profile companies do not want to get involved with a project that will rock the boat perhaps an Israeli company will but I doubt it will be an international one.

Don't get me wrong I suspect that a lot of companies would go for it if it was not such a controversial task but few boards want to spend their meetings shouting over top of protestors, Israel is becoming a poison chalice for multinationals.

As I have said numerous times no matter what path Israel takes it will always come back to the same question, one state or two, time is on the Palestinians side in this one because as Israel keeps building the less chance there is of a two state solution, the world will not tolerate an apartheid outcome and a non-apartheid Israel can not be a "Jewish" state.

So take that to boys at the next Hasbara and Co meeting because even there it must be dawning on you that you are losing on all fronts, the narrative is now moving inexorably towards that Palestinians.

Last edited:
Not sure I would put money on that as most high profile companies do not want to get involved with a project that will rock the boat perhaps an Israeli company will but I doubt it will be an international one.

Don't get me wrong I suspect that a lot of companies would go for it if it was not such a controversial task but few boards want to spend their meetings shouting over top of protestors, Israel is becoming a poison chalice for multinationals.

As I have said numerous times no matter what path Israel takes it will always come back to the same question, one state or two, time is on the Palestinians side in this one because as Israel keeps building the less chance there is of a two state solution, the world will not tolerate an apartheid outcome and a non-apartheid Israel can not be a "Jewish" state.

So take that to boys at the next Hasbara and Co meeting because even there it must be dawning on you that you are losing on all fronts, the narrative is now moving inexorably towards that Palestinians.

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Israel expanded 3.07 percent in the first quarter of 2014 over the same quarter of the previous year.

Seems your BDS movement has some catching up to do.

The "Palestinians" want a state which includes the Templemount. They won't get that. It is time for the "Palestinians" to tell the truth and that all peace negotiations failed because they did not get the Templemount. Why do you think Abbas suddenly made a deal with Hamas? He was affraid he had to accept a peace deal with Israel because Kerry was going to pressure israel very hard but he also wants the Templemount to be Jewish. Abbas's only way was a deal with Hamas otherwise the world would have known the real inentions of the "Palestinians".

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Israel expanded 3.07 percent in the first quarter of 2014 over the same quarter of the previous year.

Seems your BDS movement has some catching up to do.

Oh I agree that the BDS still has a long way to go but just think what it will be like when it does achieve its goals and I would suggest that the economic growth of Israel might be somewhat different to the sqatter settlements in the West Bank.

The "Palestinians" want a state which includes the Templemount. They won't get that. It is time for the "Palestinians" to tell the truth and that all peace negotiations failed because they did not get the Templemount. Why do you think Abbas suddenly made a deal with Hamas? He was affraid he had to accept a peace deal with Israel because Kerry was going to pressure israel very hard but he also wants the Templemount to be Jewish. Abbas's only way was a deal with Hamas otherwise the world would have known the real inentions of the "Palestinians".

So what you are saying is one state with equal rights for all?
I agree.

You seem to be fixated on the "temple mount" now but unfortunetly for you I am of the opinion that if giving control of the place the Palestinians would put an end to this problem then they can have it but I suspect that as usual you are projecting the problem on to someone else because I am prepared to bet that it hasnt been done because it is Israel that doesn't want to give up.

As I have said the answer is one bi-national state or two independant states, there is no other alternative and if you can not figure that out then you are too stupid to be in this conversation.

We can dance around the niceties all day but that is the reality.

Well at least there is some good news, well for my case at least...

Presbyterians, Debating Israeli Occupation, Vote to Divest Holdings

By LAURIE GOODSTEINJUNE 20, 2014

DETROIT — After passionate debate over how best to help break the deadlock between Israel and the Palestinians, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) voted on Friday at its general convention to divest from three companies that it says supply Israel with equipment used in the occupation of Palestinian territory.
The vote, by a count of 310 to 303, was watched closely in Washington and Jerusalem and by Palestinians as a sign of momentum for a movement to pressure Israel to stop building settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem and end the occupation, with a campaign known as B.D.S., for Boycotts, Divestments and Sanctions.
Heath Rada, the church’s moderator, who was leading the proceedings, said solemnly immediately after the electronic vote count was posted, “In no way is this a reflection for our lack of love for our Jewish sisters and brothers.”

The Presbyterian Church U.S.A. — one of a handful of historic mainline Protestant denominations and the church of many American presidents — is the largest yet to endorse divestment at a churchwide convention, and the vote follows a decade of debate — and a close call at the assembly two years ago, when divestment failed by only two votes.
The measure that was passed called not only for divestment but also reaffirmed Israel’s right to exist, endorsed a two-state solution, encouraged interfaith dialogue and travel to the Holy Land, and instructed the church to undertake “positive investment” in endeavors that advance peace and improve the lives of Israelis and Palestinians. The language was written by the church’s 65-member Middle East committee.
The B.D.S. campaign has gained support in Europe, but has not fared as well in the United States, where two relatively small academic groups voted earlier this year to support an academic boycott of Israel, but larger groups as well as many universities have opposed it.
The companies the Presbyterian Church has targeted for divestment are Caterpillar, Hewlett-Packard and Motorola Solutions. The church has about $21 million invested in these companies, a spokeswoman said. The church says it has attempted to convey its concerns over many years that these companies are profiting from Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territories by selling it bulldozers, surveillance technology and other equipment.
Large American Jewish organizations lobbied the Presbyterians furiously to defeat a divestment vote, their most determined campaign yet in the 10 years the Presbyterians have considered such a step. More than 1,700 rabbis from all 50 states signed an open letter to the Presbyterian voters, saying that “placing all the blame on one party, when both bear responsibility, increases conflict and division instead of promoting peace.”
In a last-ditch tactic on Thursday, Rabbi Rick Jacobs, leader of the Reform movement (the largest branch in American Judaism), addressed the assembly and offered to broker a meeting between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel and the church’s two top leaders so they could convey their church’s concerns about the occupation — on the condition that the divestment measure was defeated.

That offer appears to have backfired, with some saying afterward that it felt both manipulative and ineffectual, given what they perceive as Mr. Netanyahu’s approval of more settlements in disputed areas and lack of enthusiasm for peace negotiations.
“I’m not sure it was the strategy I would have chosen,” said the Rev. Gradye Parsons, the church’s stated clerk and one of the two leaders invited to meet Mr. Netanyahu. “I’m sure it was a sincere and generous invitation. I’m not sure it was helpful in our debate.”
He said that Presbyterians valued their relationships with Jews in their communities and in Washington, where their lobbyists are often on the same side of many issues. He acknowledged that the church has been accused of anti-Semitism, which he said was not true, and “delegitimizes our concerns” about human rights.
“We’re still committed to Israel and its right to exist, but we’re concerned about the occupation and think Israel can do better,” Mr. Parsons said.
Relations between Jews and Presbyterians soured after the Israel/Palestine Mission Network, a Presbyterian advocacy group, issued a study guide this year called “Zionism Unsettled,” which challenged the history and theological underpinnings of the Zionist movement. Jewish leaders denounced it as hateful, racist and willfully ignorant of the role of the Holocaust and violence toward Israel by the Palestinians and Arab countries in explaining the region’s history.
The assembly passed a measure here in Detroit saying that the study guide does not represent official church policy, but it is available for sale on the church’s website. Jewish organizations have called for the church to stop selling it. Many Presbyterians at the general assembly said that they had not read it, and that it had no bearing on their votes.
Of more influence was the presence at the church’s convention all week of Jewish activists, many of them young, in black T-shirts with the slogan “Another Jew Supporting Divestment.” Many were with Jewish Voice for Peace, a small but growing organization that promotes divestment and works with Palestinian and Christian groups on the left.
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), with nearly 1.8 million members, has been losing members and influence in recent decades, in part from wrenching debates over whether to ordain gay clergy members and permit same-sex marriages (a step the assembly approved here on Thursday).
It is not the first American church to use divestment to protest Israeli policies: the Mennonite Central Committee and the Quakers have sold stock in some companies that do business with Israel. Last week the pension board of the United Methodist Church announced that it had sold its stock in a company over concerns about its contracts with Israeli prisons.
Rifaat Odeh Kassis, a Palestinian Christian who traveled from Bethlehem to urge the Presbyterians to vote for divestment, said in an interview that the vote would send a loud message to Palestinians that says, “You are not alone.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/21/u...-occupation-vote-to-divest-holdings.html?_r=0

Oh I agree that the BDS still has a long way to go but just think what it will be like when it does achieve its goals and I would suggest that the economic growth of Israel might be somewhat different to the sqatter settlements in the West Bank.

That's speculation. And it's going on from 9 July 2005. So far not much of a succes in reality.

So what you are saying is one state with equal rights for all?
I agree.

Under Israeli rule. Still agree?

You seem to be fixated on the "temple mount" now but unfortunetly for you I am of the opinion that if giving control of the place the Palestinians would put an end to this problem then they can have it but I suspect that as usual you are projecting the problem on to someone else because I am prepared to bet that it hasnt been done because it is Israel that doesn't want to give up.

Why should Jews give up their most holy place for Islam's third holy place (which in fact it isn't because when Muhammad died there was no mosque in Jerusalem). Will the Muslims trade Mecca for the Jews third holiest place? I don't think so.

As I have said the answer is one bi-national state or two independant states, there is no other alternative and if you can not figure that out then you are too stupid to be in this conversation.

How can you make peace with your neigbour if his constitution says to kill you?

We can dance around the niceties all day but that is the reality.

reality is that the "Palestinians" teach their children to destroy Israel just like islamists and jihadists teach their children to rule the world (worldwide caliphate). If the "Palestinians" would have toild their children the truth a lifetime ago chances are high there would already have been peace.

That's speculation. And it's going on from 9 July 2005. So far not much of a succes in reality.

Matter of opinion but it is further advanced than South African version was at this stage, you have to remember these things grow in a more exponential way and as you well know when dealing with economics you only really need to stop 10-15% of the income to make a business unprofitable.

Under Israeli rule. Still agree?
Sure I see no problem with that as long as it is a true democracy one person one vote, majority rule and since the war would be over then of course the right of return would apply in accordance with international law.

Why should Jews give up their most holy place for Islam's third holy place (which in fact it isn't because when Muhammad died there was no mosque in Jerusalem). Will the Muslims trade Mecca for the Jews third holiest place? I don't think so.
You are talking to the wrong man I am afraid I would give the Jews and the Muslims the Vatican if I thought it would solve this nonsense, I do not believe in god therefore "holy" sites have no more mystique than Disneyland to me.

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to as you know it is not true it is just the usual Muslim bashing hasbara nonsense.

Change of heart I am going to respond.
Why?
Because leaving it unsaid is tantamount to acquiescing to your views and that would be the worst thing I could do.

reality is that the "Palestinians" teach their children to destroy Israel just like islamists and jihadists teach their children to rule the world (worldwide caliphate). If the "Palestinians" would have toild their children the truth a lifetime ago chances are high there would already have been peace.

You claim Palestinians want to kill Jews and destroy Israel if that is the case then explain Dorothy Zellner a 70 year old Jewish woman who has been to Israel, West Bank and Gaza not less than 10 times in the last since 2002, if as you say Palestinians are teaching their kids to kill Jews why is this woman still alive?

Martin Luther King Day
King’s words live in Palestinian city
By Dorothy M. Zellner
As a veteran of the 1960s civil rights movement, I hope this year's Martin Luther King Day will be more than the usual constant repetition of his “I have a dream” speech. This has flattened the very essence of the movement, which was the vastness and the vibrancy of hundreds of thousands of “ordinary” people who wouldn’t and couldn’t stand for any more indignities and any more insults.

I know because I was in Georgia, Virginia and Mississippi as a staffer of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee; I spent two years in Atlanta.

This great movement of African-American civilians and their white allies lacked an army or air force, yet we imprinted our freedom demands on the national consciousness for the following decades and presumably, for decades to come.

There are other movements of civil society in every continent of the world. The one I
have seen with my own eyes is the movement of Palestinians resisting Israel's occupation. It may surprise people to know that Palestinians read Dr. King's words and call his name and study the American civil rights movement, among other histories of other peoples, for ways to bring to the attention of the world the fact that little by little, their land is disappearing along with their rights. The center of this effort now is in small West Bank villages like Ni'lin and Bil'in, where non-violent demonstrations have taken place weekly—for years. Yet these non-violent demonstrations of civilians are met with Israeli armed might.

Two weeks ago, I was in Bil'in, a small village about half an hour by bus from Ramallah, which in turn is about a half hour from Jerusalem. I went to attend the funeral of a 36-year-old kindergarten teacher, Jawaher Abu Rahmah, who was killed by American-exported tear gas used by the Israeli army, the IDF, the previous day in a demonstration against the separation barrier erected by the Israelis that divides the villagers from their land.

These demonstrations, which include many progressive Israelis as well as other
internationals, have occurred every week. This Dec. 31 concluded five years of protests in Bil'in. Every Friday, members of this village of 3,000 and their supporters attempt to march to show their opposition to the wall. I say “attempt,” because, as I witnessed on another occasion in another village, the usual procedure is that only moments after the march begins, the IDF begins to hurl tear gas canisters, stink bombs and sound bombs at the protesters.

Although tear gas is normally used for crowd control, the IDF uses it as a weapon and aims canisters directly at the people (Jawaher's brother Bassem was killed nearly two years ago after a high-velocity tear gas canister hit his chest). The adults are unarmed, although young boys, out of frustration at the IDF attacks, often throw stones at the end of the march (to the disapproval of their elders).

I did not go to the demonstration on Dec. 31 in Bil'in because I was afraid of the tear
gas and am at an age where it is impossible for me to run. But I did go to Jawaher's
funeral in the village the next day and stood perhaps 10 yards from where they carried her body on a stretcher to the village graveyard and buried her there.

The killing of this woman was met with evasions and outright lies from the IDF, which disputed the cause of death pronounced by the Palestinian physicians who examined her. As the Israeli columnist Gideon Levy reported, “The IDF initially claimed she was taken to hospital and then sent home, where she died. Then they claimed she was not even at the demonstration. … Finally, the IDF claimed she died of cancer.” As Levy noted, none of this was true.

More civil society actions to highlight Palestinian dispossession are being planned,
probably the most spectacular of which will be the next flotilla planned to take place a few months from now. Ordinary civilians from the U.S. will embark on “The Audacity of Hope,” a U.S.-flagged boat, to sail the Mediterranean and bring the world's attention to the Israeli siege of Gaza. The Israelis have threatened snipers and attack dogs against unarmed people, but ultimately, the worldwide effort to end this siege will succeed. That is because this action is in the spirit of the great civil rights movement 50 years ago and demonstrates the power of ordinary people to withstand whatever armies have in mind for them.

Dorothy M. Zellner is a member of Jews Say No! and an editor of “Hands on the Freedom Plow: Personal Accounts by Women in SNCC.”

http://www.domlife.org/2011Stories/mlk_zellner.htm

Like it or not it is woman like her that destroy your argument and it is people like her that will bring the change needed to bring this fight to a conclusion, Israel has controlled the narrative for 70 years and I suspect it will lose it entirely within the next 20.

The fact the only fear she had was an inability to run from the IDF due to age says a lot.

Last edited:
And the process rolls along, Britain , Germany, France and now Italy warn their people about investing in settlements...
================================================================
Jun 25, 2:25 PM EDT

France warns over doing business in West Bank

PARIS (AP) -- France is warning companies trading with Israeli settlers in the West Bank of the legal risks stemming from doing business in the settlements that it says are "illegal under international law."
A statement posted on the foreign ministry website this week says "financial transactions, investments, purchases and other economic activities in the settlements or benefiting them carry legal and economic risks connected to the settlements being, according to international law, built on occupied land."
The statement also urges anyone considering doing business in the settlements to obtain appropriate legal advice before proceeding.
The warning comes amid growing international impatience with the settlements, which the U.S. and European Union have long said are an obstacle to peace between Israel and Palestine.
© 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-06-25-14-25-09

================================================================

Italy warns against investing in Israeli settlements
June 28, 2014

ROME : Italy has advised its citizens not to invest in Israeli settlements built on occupied Palestinian land, just days after France issued the same warning, Italian media reported Friday.
Foreign Minister Federico Mogherini cautioned Italians “not to get involved in financial activity and investments” in settlements in the occupied West Bank, the Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, according to La Stampa daily.
The warning, given “in accord with other European countries”, comes as Italy “implements a political decision taken earlier,” Mogherini was quoted as saying. The international community regards all Israeli settlements built on occupied Palestinian land as illegal.
France advised its citizens earlier this week to avoid financial investments in the areas in question, following similar warnings on the British and German foreign office websites.

http://www.nation.com.pk/internatio...arns-against-investing-in-israeli-settlements

And now Spain and Ireland have joined in..

Government advises firms against doing business with Occupied Territories

Israel has occupied certain lands in contravention of international law, says DFA website

The Government has issued formal advice to Irish citizens and companies warning them against investing in, or doing business with, Israeli enterprises in territories occupied illegally by Israel. The advice, published yesterday on the Department of Foreign Affairs’ website, dfa.ie, states that, since 1967, Israel has occupied certain lands in contravention of international law. Minister for Foreign Affairs Eamon Gilmore said the advice against commercial engagement was being issued “by many of our EU partners, [and] is a further step in making clear our opposition to the illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territory”.
He continued: “The advice is designed to assist Irish businesses and the general public to be aware of the risks involved in investment in settlements, and to make clear that the Government does not encourage or offer support in any way to such activity.”
The department said the places illegally occupied by Israel and on which illegal settlements had been built were the West Bank (including East Jerusalem), Gaza and the Golan Heights. The Government said the advice excluded the state of Israel proper.

Legal and economic risks

“Financial transactions, investments, purchases, procurements, as well as other economic activities (including in services like tourism) in Israeli settlements or benefiting Israeli settlements, entail legal and economic risks stemming from the fact that the Israeli settlements, according to international law, are built on occupied land and are not recognised as a legitimate part of Israel’s territory. “This may result in disputed titles to the land, water, mineral or other natural resources, which might be the subject of purchase or investment,” it said. “Irish citizens and businesses should be aware of the potential reputational implications of getting involved in economic and financial activities in settlements, as well as possible abuses of the rights of individuals. Any person or company contemplating any economic or financial involvement in settlements should seek appropriate legal advice.”
Potential buyers and investors were also warned that any peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians, or between Israel and Syria, could have consequences for property purchased or economic activities linked to illegal settlements.
However, the advice also stated: “The Government also wishes to reiterate its long-standing policy of complete opposition to any form of boycott directed against Israel, as well as its continued strong commitment to promoting our trade and business ties with Israel to the full.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...-business-with-occupied-territories-1.1854714

Matter of opinion but it is further advanced than South African version was at this stage, you have to remember these things grow in a more exponential way and as you well know when dealing with economics you only really need to stop 10-15% of the income to make a business unprofitable.

South African technology wasn't needed, Israeli is.

Sure I see no problem with that as long as it is a true democracy one person one vote, majority rule and since the war would be over then of course the right of return would apply in accordance with international law.

According to international law there aren't many that can return.
A "PAlestinian refugee" according to UNRWA is:“persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.
So, anyone younger than 66 cannot be counted as a "Palestinian" refugee.

You are talking to the wrong man I am afraid I would give the Jews and the Muslims the Vatican if I thought it would solve this nonsense, I do not believe in god therefore "holy" sites have no more mystique than Disneyland to me.

But you are not part of the conflict so the holy places do play a major role.

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to as you know it is not true it is just the usual Muslim bashing hasbara nonsense.

If you can refute the facts I give, you will do it. So, I assume you cannot counter them.

Change of heart I am going to respond.
Why?
Because leaving it unsaid is tantamount to acquiescing to your views and that would be the worst thing I could do.

You claim Palestinians want to kill Jews and destroy Israel if that is the case then explain Dorothy Zellner a 70 year old Jewish woman who has been to Israel, West Bank and Gaza not less than 10 times in the last since 2002, if as you say Palestinians are teaching their kids to kill Jews why is this woman still alive?

http://www.domlife.org/2011Stories/mlk_zellner.htm

Like it or not it is woman like her that destroy your argument and it is people like her that will bring the change needed to bring this fight to a conclusion, Israel has controlled the narrative for 70 years and I suspect it will lose it entirely within the next 20.

The fact the only fear she had was an inability to run from the IDF due to age says a lot.

Why does she always come back to Israel? Judea and Samaria are ethnically cleansed of Jews.
One woman can come back, 3 kids didn't.

Or what about this: PLO ambassador says Palestinian state should be free of Jews
Mind you, this is not an individual's opinion, this is a representative of the government!

South African technology wasn't needed, Israeli is.

Rubbish, there is nothing that Israel supplies that can not be supplied from other nations however you are trying to create a false impression because the BDS does not ask for a boycott of Israeli goods just a boycott of goods made in Israeli factories in the occupied territories which is in line with international law.

According to international law there aren't many that can return.
A "PAlestinian refugee" according to UNRWA is:“persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict.
So, anyone younger than 66 cannot be counted as a "Palestinian" refugee.

Semantics, you got caught out and are now trying to wriggle out of your comments.
I will stand by mine however I will support a one state solution as long as everyone has equal rights (including political) and those refugees eligible to return are allowed to or compensated at their discretion.

But you are not part of the conflict so the holy places do play a major role.
Then why did you ask the question if you didn't want the answer.

If you can refute the facts I give, you will do it. So, I assume you cannot counter them.

Just because you choose to spin statistics doesn't mean I have to bother responding to them, most know the standard hasbara BS so I don't have to debunk it.

Why does she always come back to Israel? Judea and Samaria are ethnically cleansed of Jews.
One woman can come back, 3 kids didn't.

She goes back to support the Palestinians, as for the three kids nonsense how about the two Palestinian kids killed on Nabka day, what about Mohammed Abu Khdeir being kidnapped, beating and then burnt to death, Palestinians killed while the Israelis hunted for 3 settler kids that they knew were dead, how about those Palestinians currently dieing in Gaza.

How about 15-year-old Tarek Abu Khdeir being beaten by two brave Israeli border police while in restraints and while one held him down?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ZHhKsSRGo"]Caught on Tape: US Teen, Tariq Abu Khdeir, Allegedly Beaten by Israeli Police - YouTube[/ame]

Just a pity he turned out to be an American or that would never have got out.

Or what about this: PLO ambassador says Palestinian state should be free of Jews
Mind you, this is not an individual's opinion, this is a representative of the government!

Or what about this?

https://storify.com/public/template...davidsheen/israeli-army-the-next-generation#1

Just a few to make a point...
#ZionStandUp for Israeli @maylevi1203: "Death to these ****ing Arabs" http://twitter.com/maylevi1203/status/487178189618159618 … pic.twitter.com/4BV1JWtVJy

#ZionStandUp for Israeli @OrtaL1ysaScar: "From the bottom of my heart, I wish for Arabs to be torched" pic.twitter.com/PpyVPtmvzY

But by all means carry on however I will return things to topic.

Britain's Largest Trade Union Joins Israel Boycott

UNITE trade union signs up to boycott of the Jewish state, if not entirely.

By Ari Soffer
First Publish: 7/6/2014, 12:33 PM

514583.jpg
BDS boycotters (file)
Reuters

Britain's largest trade union has voted to boycott Israeli companies in a unanimous vote last Wednesday.
The UNITE union adopted the anti-Israel motion at its first policy conference, calling "to vigorously promote a policy of divestment from Israeli companies." The motion added that such a boycott would be "similar to the boycott of South African goods during the era of apartheid" - representing an adoption of the rhetoric of the virulently anti-Israel BDS (Boycott Divestment and Sanctions) movement, which seeks to portray Israel as similar to apartheid South Africa.
It further called for a “campaigning and leverage strategy around BDS within the next 12 months against complicit companies involved in the occupation, the apartheid wall and the illegal settlements."
Unsurprisingly, a pro-Israel motion entitled "Israeli-Palestinian Cooperation", and which called to support peace talks and cooperation between Israeli and Palestinian trade unions
But according to The Jewish Chronicle it wasn't all bad, as UNITE delegates voted to maintain "solidarity links" with Israel's Histadrut trade union.
Stephen Scott, director of Trade Union Friends of Israel, told the Chronicle that the decision hints at a possible split within the pro-boycott movement, some of whom are wary that calling to totally severe ties with Israel - to include fellow trade unionists - was "very dangerous stuff."
"It would be huge for another trade union movement to expel them even when they are a democratic organisation and pass all the criteria of being a member of the international trade unions," he said of the Histadrut.
But he said that the vote was still serious, particularly given the fact that the motion passed unanimously.
"All round, you now have a major player supporting the boycott and the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign, and there is no resistance."

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/182556

Holocaust survivors condemn Israel for 'Gaza massacre,' call for boycott

In response to Elie Wiesel advertisement comparing Hamas to Nazis, 327 Jewish Holocaust survivors and descendants publish New York Times ad accusing Israel of 'ongoing massacre of the Palestinian people.'

By Haaretz | Aug. 23, 2014 | 5:24 PM

Hundreds of Holocaust survivors and descendants of survivors have signed a letter, published as an advertisement in Saturday's New York Times, condemning "the massacre of Palestinians in Gaza" and calling for a complete boycott of Israel.

According to the letter, the condemnation was prompted by an advertisement written by Elie Wiesel and published in major news outlets worldwide, accusing Hamas of "child sacrifice" and comparing the group to the Nazis.

The letter, signed by 327 Jewish Holocaust survivors and descendants of survivors and sponsored by the International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network, accuses Wiesel of "abuse of history" in order to justify Israel's actions in the Gaza Strip: "…we are disgusted and outraged by Elie Wiesel’s abuse of our history in these pages to justify the unjustifiable: Israel’s wholesale effort to destroy Gaza and the murder of more than 2,000 Palestinians, including many hundreds of children. Nothing can justify bombing UN shelters, homes, hospitals and universities. Nothing can justify depriving people of electricity and water."

The letter also blames the United States of aiding Israel in its Gaza operation, and the West in general of protecting Israel from condemnation. "Genocide begins with the silence of the world," the letter reads.

The letter ends with a call to bring the blockade of Gaza to an immediate end, and for a full boycott of Israel. "Never again” must mean NEVER AGAIN FOR ANYONE!," the letter concludes.

"Jewish survivors and descendants of survivors and victims of Nazi genocide unequivocally condemn the massacre of Palestinians in Gaza

"As Jewish survivors and descendants of survivors and victims of the Nazi genocide we unequivocally condemn the massacre of Palestinians in Gaza and the ongoing occupation and colonization of historic Palestine. We further condemn the United States for providing Israel with the funding to carry out the attack, and Western states more generally for using their diplomatic muscle to protect Israel from condemnation. Genocide begins with the silence of the world.

"We are alarmed by the extreme, racist dehumanization of Palestinians in Israeli society, which has reached a fever-pitch. In Israel, politicians and pundits in The Times of Israel and The Jerusalem Post have called openly for genocide of Palestinians and right-wing Israelis are adopting Neo-Nazi insignia.
"Furthermore, we are disgusted and outraged by Elie Wiesel’s abuse of our history in these pages to justify the unjustifiable: Israel’s wholesale effort to destroy Gaza and the murder of more than 2,000 Palestinians, including many hundreds of children. Nothing can justify bombing UN shelters, homes, hospitals and universities. Nothing can justify depriving people of electricity and water.

"We must raise our collective voices and use our collective power to bring about an end to all forms of racism, including the ongoing genocide of Palestinian people. We call for an immediate end to the siege against and blockade of Gaza. We call for the full economic, cultural and academic boycott of Israel. “Never again” must mean NEVER AGAIN FOR ANYONE!"

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.612072

according to our Imam(leader)'s command the arming of west-bank is in process. The next tension will be a war,if God wish.

Back